Phana

The next day, I went to classes. It was a full day of classes till 8pm despite being a Friday. I was waiting for Kit and Beam when Beam arrived first.

"Hey, how do you feel now?"

"Better. Sorry about yesterday."

"It's fine. Do you want to talk to about it?"

"Hmm Beam.. its just that.. "

I ended up telling Beam everything. He just came over to give me a hug when he heard the whole story. He ruffled my hair softly.

"You still never told me, how does Park fit in this?"

"I literally told you everything. What do you mean by you don't know how Park fits into this? He's part of the story!"

"I hear you. I know he is part of the story. But my question is, when did he become such an important person that you listen to him? That you didn't care even when Forth called and you kissed this guy a few times?"

"He's a friend. I mean.. he's not... its not what you think Beam. I don't like him that way."

"OK, then does he?"

"Of course he doesn't. Why would he like me?! I'm not his cup of tea. He doesn't do relationships. You know. He has said it before."

"Right. Precisely. So why didn't he jsut sleep with you yesterday? He could have and you wouldn't have stopped him. Not that you are easy like that but you do know you wouldn't have stopped him."

I kept quiet. Beam had a point. "Maybe, Park is growing onto you faster than you thought and vice versa for him. Maybe, he could be the one for you. You never know. Unless both of you open your hearts to each other. I'm just saying. Don't shut all doors Pha. You deserve a happy ending too."

By the time Kit joined us, it was time for class already. We had no time to chat and was fully consumed by lessons. We kept at it all the way till 8pm. I also had some doubts to clear and went to meet my professor whilst Beam and Kit headed home first. By the time I was done, it was close to 10pm. But Friday also meant I could kick back and go home to revise in peace, not worrying about tomorrow as it was the weekend. I walked out and heaved my bag onto my shoulders securely before continuing. My car had to be sent for servicing so I walked to campus today. It was a 30 minute walk but that was fine by me. I started walking out towards the main road when i heard someone calling my name. I turned to see and I saw Park.

"Park! What you doing here?"

"A little bird told me you were still clearing doubts when everyone else is in the bar so came to pick you up."

"I don't want to drink tonight. Wanna go home and study."

"I know. I came by to pick you up to send you home. I also got you some food. Knowing you, your last meal was prolly breakfast. Since you skipped lunch, just eat abit of dinner ok. I got porridge."

I looked at him and smiled. I nodded in agreement. He brought his bike over and our 30 minute jaunt became a 15 minute one. He sent me up to my dorm and passed me the food.

"Shower, eat and study hard. Not too long. I call you when I'm done. Don't stay up too late ok?"

I nodded and watched Park go off. As he did, it then hit me, that he did exactly what Forth would do for Kit and that
made me blush.

I just whipped out my phone and texted Beam; "stop playing matchmaker!"

"You are welcome" was the reply. I snorted and went to have my shower and dinner, smiling warmly when I realized it was my favorite porridge again.