Park

I went over to pick Pha up for breakfast and he was already ready. We went over to Morning Mama to eat and were in the midst of it when Suyn came by.

Ah this girl will never let me go! However she came over to apologise for her behavior on Friday night. I was thankful and just waved her off, saying its ok but not to do that again.

She nodded and this time she dropped the bombshell. "Park, I wanted to ask you this proper. Can I date you? You are a nice guy and cute and I think we be a good fit. I do get along well with your boys too. Do you think we can give dating a shot?"

I dropped my utensils in shock. I wasn't expecting that!! I didn't know how to reply at all. I kept quiet the whole time as Suyn continued looking at me with her big doe eyed expression until Pha kicked my leg subtly. I turned over and he smiled at me. He nodded his head over towards her. I don't know what the fuck he was trying to tell me.

"Suyn. I didn't expect this.. i.. you are really a nice girl too. Pretty, smart definitely and sociable."

She smiled bigger with every word I said. I could see Pha smiling. Was he smiling? Why was he even smiling?!? Was he OK with this?!

I got so distracted by that, I turned around to him instead.

"Damm it, why do you keep smiling?! You are ok with this? She's proposing to me you know. If I agreed, I will date her. You are ok with that?!"

Both Pha and Suyn's smiles wiped off immediately. Pha in shock by me raising my voice at him. Suyn I guess by the fact I seemed affected that Pha is nonchalant.

"Park.. its not that... its just that she is a good girl.."

"She is. She is a good girl."

I turned to Suyn. "But unfortunately I cannot reciprocate. There is someone I like. He's wonderful, good natured, kind; annoying in a very good way, always looking after me, very very studious and handsome. I have fallen for this guy a long time ago. So as much as you think I am a good fit for you, I found my fit. And I know he likes me too. So why he is being so calm that someone likes me is beyond me. I expected him to fight for me but he didnt but I will do it. I'm sorry Suyn."

Her big doe eyed expression fell and her eyes became teary instead. I had to give it to her. She just waiied and didn't say a single word and left.

There was silence around me and at our table for a while. I couldn't eat anymore. Pha didn't either. We left collectively 5 minutes later, walking towards my dorm, wanting to wait for Lam to come pick me up. As we walked, there was silence. I was angry inwardly, more like frustrated. Why did this Pha didn't even bother to fight for me?! Does he not like me?! Did he really treat me just like a friend?! Fucker isn't over Forth is it?!

"I don't like Forth anymore. I realized I got over him some time ago. I realized that when I started worrying about another Engineering idiot who doesn't look after himself. Endlessly. Worrying endlessly."

I heard Pha speak and my heart took a leap. I kept quiet unsure of how to respond.

We waited in front of my dorm. Just then Lam arrived. He saw both of our faces. He was in his jeep. He just stopped but didn't call me over. I looked up at Lam. He looked at me, then Pha then me again.

Then he turned to Pha, "Park wouldn't be joining us. I don't trust this fellow not to go get himself into trouble. Can you keep an eye on him till we are back? If he goes drinking, can you be with him so girls don't trouble him again?"

Pha nodded and grabbed my hand simultaneously. My eyes just glimmered as Lam left. What the fuck. Why is it glimmering?! It's not supposed to glimmer. I'm tough! Why am I crying over one fellow holding my hand?

Pha pulled me towards him and hugged me tight.

"It's not that I dont care or don't want to fight for you. I just wasn't sure if I read your feelings correctly. I been burnt once, do you really think I would blindly throw myself into the fire again? Don't you think I will be more guarded? But you brought down those walls completely. Without even much effort. I'm sorry for making you feel like shit earlier."

I held onto this idiot tightly. Pha kissed the top of my head softly and then pulled away.

"Boyfriends?"

I was surprised. I thought he would want to just date, no labels or anything. Boyfriends? He wanted boyfriends? A title? We can be Boyfriends?

"If you aren't comfortable and want to just date, with no label or expectations, we can do that too. Whatever makes you happy ok?"

"No expectations means?"

"You aren't tied to me in stone Park. We can go out, do stuff together. Hold hands. Kiss. Date. Hang out. But if you want to see other people, go ahead. There's no expectation that you have to be tied down to me."

"Does that apply to you too?"

Pha nodded.

"OH." I kept quiet, thinking how would I feel if Pha was to see other people in case they wanted to. Fuck, he'll no.

But before I could say anything, Pha went.

"But I'm not comfortable with that. It will drive me mad knowing if someone else wanted to date you."

I smiled. I finally smiled the biggest since I met him for breakfast.

"Boyfriends. I wouldn't be happy either knowing someone else wanted to date you. I would bash them up."

"Don't be violent Park."

I snickered as I hugged Pha again, securing our new roles as boyfriends.