Park

I felt much better the next day when I woke up. I felt antsy staying in my room so I decided to go to the Engineering event. I took a shower, changed the dressing on my wound to the best of my ability and I left.

It was a week long event so it was still ongoing. I saw Forth and the boys so I went over to say hi. When I saw Forth, I momentarily got reminded of Pha, the way he behaved and that caused an ache in my chest. I shook it off and just chatted with the boys animatedly. Just then Kit came up, with drinks for everyone.

"Park! You are back. Are you better?"

I nodded at him. He smiled at me and offered me a drink. I declined it as I wasn't too thirsty. He looked at my wound and told me the bandage was coming undone. He told me to go to the tent and get it treated, highlighting Beam was there. I nodded and walked over.

"Beam.. beam"

I looked in to realize only Pha was there busy arranging some medications. He turned when he heard my voice.

"Park.. looking for Beam?"

"Yea, my bandage came undone and Kit nagged me to go get it fixed. Think Beam was around when he left so he told me Beam would be here."

"Oh yea, he was but he just went out to see P Kong about something. Let me dress your wound for you then."

I hemmed and hawwed. I sat down slowly and Pha came over. We were both silent as he changed my dressing and the bandage.

As he was nearing the end of it, he asked me softly on how my fever was. I mentioned it was better now and I had broken the fever. He nodded and finished off the dressing. Pha was about to ask me something else when Beam came in. He kept quiet then.

"Hey Park, how are you now? Better?" Beam asked me chirpily. I nodded and I stood up. I thanked Pha, said my goodbyes to both boys and I left.

We had alot of fun cheering the boys on during the event. By the time, it all ended, it was close to 7pm! Forth disappeared with Kit as usual. The rest of us wanted to go for dinner. Ming and some of the juniors invited Pha and Beam to join us too. It was a merry group of over 10 of us. Beam rode with Ming on his bike to the venue. I didn't ride today as I was still recovering.

I was about to ask Lam if he could give me a ride when Pha grabbed my hand. "Could I give you a ride? I wanted to talk to you.."

I looked at him for a bit. I was about to reply when Lam asked me if i wanted a ride. I debated silently between him and Pha and finally took Pha's hands off.

"It'd ok. I go with Lam. Anyways, I don't think there is anything for us to talk about. If its about yesterday, that's fine. Nothing to talk, see ya at the cafe."

And I walked off, leaving Pha behind as I joined Lam. But I saw Lam's face as I got closer to him. He knew something was up between me and Pha but also knew he wouldn't get any answers from me.

I sighed as I got on, having lost my appetite for dinner.