Park

I went off to the bar once I dropped Pha off. The boys were there and everyone was having fun.

I sat next to Lam and his boyfriend and was chatting away when a bunch of girls came up. Usually when they did come up, they would invite themselves to the table. There were a couple of single boys like myself, Beam, Wai and Max who often flirted back endlessly. I could already see Beam hitting on one or two and scoring. I just smiled but I didn't hit on anyone or acknowledge them even though they kept trying slyly.

I was just chatting, drinking and checking my phone periodically, texting Pha to see what he was exactly doing. Just then, Suyn came up to me.

"P Park, want to go get a drink?"

I looked at her for a bit. The boys  expected me to say yes but I just smiled and shook my head no.

"You go on, get a drink if you want. I'm good here. I can send Beam to accompany you if you want."

Beam whipped his head around when he heard that. He just stared at me from the other end as he was busy entertaining people himself. I just chuckled. But Suyn tried again.

"Aww P Park, you never say no to me. Come on na, 1 drink will not hurt. 1 drink and more. You know what I mean, it's your usual practice anyway."

"Er, I don't want to do it anymore Suyn. Sorry. I think you should go."

"P Park, are you dating anyone? Its never you to reject. This is your style, remember."

I was getting uncomfortable and I really didn't want to tell her off. I could imagine Pha's voice scolding me for being rude if I did that. The last time Beam did that, Pha scolded him so badly. I looked at her again and dropped my smile this time.

"No. Thank you. Now please go."

Suyn looked at me stunned and she just turned and left. I turned back, sighing in relief only to see a bunch of shocked boys.

"What?!" I snarled. Everyone shook their heads and just turned away to their own business. I sighed, slinking into my seat. Maybe it was a mistake to come drinking. Why do girls keep hitting on me even when I express no interest?

"Because you have always flirted with them. What changed now?"

I turned to see Lam asking me. "Nothing. I'm still me. Still single, swinging, drinking with you guys. Very much available."

"So why didnt you flirt?"

"OH come on, it wouldn't be nice if Pha found out. If he was here, he can see I'm not the one who approached her. But he's not here. Later he thinks I flirted with her."

"Are you dating him?"

"Nooo. We are just friends. What's wrong with you?"

"Then why do you care so much about what Pha thinks?"

I stared at Lam in shock. He did have a point now that I thought about it. Why did I care so much about Pha's feelings? I kept quiet, just guzzling my drink, having a smirking Lam and beaming Beam from across looking at me.