Prologue

Cold sweat is covering forehead of Jackson Overland. He glances at Elsa, she's sitting next to their lawyer. Toothiana's hand squeezes Jack's as they wait anxiously for the news if Elsa is free to go or not.

The judge was finally informed of the decision and he clears his throat. Mr. Sebastian rises. "All arise," judge Sebastian tells them.

A jury member is looking at Elsa, Jack is slowly realizing that this is it. He just wants to go and embrace his wife but he can't. She's cuffed and waiting for her judgment. Nervously Jack runs his fingers through his messy brown hair.

"In the light of the provided evidence we find Mrs. Elsa Overland guilty of the murder of young Henry," the jury member said. Jack was stunned, he was sure that they had made their best to show that she wasn't the woman on the videotapes.

Jack's eyes lock into Elsa, she's squeezing her other hand into fist. Tears fill Jack's eyes as he watches his wife who is holding her abdomen. Just one month and their first child would have seen the world. Is his family really now about to be taken away from him?

"Don't," Toothiana whispers and squeezes his hand even tighter. It's almost hurting him already.

"Punishment is by death later," they announced finally. The whole room was now whispering and Jack was just too stunned over what he had heard. Death? No, it can't be.

"Your honor! My representative is pregnant," Elsa's lawyer spoke. She was truly pregnant and would have soon had her first child which she hoped to raise together with Jack, her husband.

"Penalty of death is executed some time after giving birth. Sentence is final," judge told. The pain was too much for Jack who now easily broke free from Toothina. He ran to Elsa, climbing over the fence separating viewers from the court.

"Jack, no," Elsa whispered as Jack went to her. He wasn't able to speak, he was feeling sick. This is what all their work for being together leaded? To her death? It was crushing him slowly.

"Don't worry My Love," Jack whispered gently to her ear. "I have a plan to get you out from here," he said quietly. The whole court was now filled with loud voices of people speaking. Jack's arms get grabbed by a police officer who drags him out.

The determined look of Jack is frightening Elsa. She knows that once he has made his mind there's nothing stopping him. She couldn't ask from him what his plan was because he is being dragged out from the court. Toothiana looks at Elsa, she's concerned. Before sitting down Elsa mouthed 'Go after him'.

Elsa knew that Jack shouldn't be alone, loneliness eats him alive. The feeling of realizing that her child he judge would probably grow up without a mother was destroying her. Despair and sadness wiped over her consciousness and gently she strokes her abdomen. Their child moves as if he could feel Elsa's sadness, the movement was fast and twisting her.