𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜

𝚋𝚢

𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚢

✰❤︎❃✿☆✿❃❤︎✰

The girls were in assembly unfortunately listening to Jenny and her group of little minions singing. Michelle, Clare, James and Erin staring in pure confusion as Maeve and Orla were swaying side to side mouthing along to the words. After they were finished Orla clapped enthusiastically as Maeve watched her with a smile. 

"Before I dismiss you for the weekend." Sister Micheal went onto explain about the re sits for exams for the upper years as Michelle groaned at the delay of the announcement she was waiting for. "Notice from Mr Macaulay. This year's destination for the Euro Trotters-"

"Like Delboy?" Maeve whispered to Orla as Orla sniggered at the comment. 

"It will be. Dramatic pause!" Sister Micheal stared at the piece of paper questioning to the teacher if it was supposed to be there to which he nodded to. "Interesting.. Paris. It's going to be Paris." She said unenthusiastically as the girls gasp in excitement. "Sadly, I am unable to come on this trip as I despise the French. In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit."

The girls filed out of the assembly excitedly except for Maeve. "What's wrong with you Eeyore?" Michelle scoffed at Maeve.

"I don't get the excitement over this trip?" 

"It's Paris Maeve!"

"Yes I did hear her Chel."

"Well don't go want to go?"

"Rather stay at home with Mammy and Nutella cuddled up on the sofa watching Only Fools and Horses."

"Aww." Clare melted at the sentence placing her hand on her chest.

"And what's there to do in Paris anyway why not go to Disneyland?"

"There's loads of things to do in Paris Maeve. There's the Louvre. The Champs-Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe." Clare listed.

"Not convincing me enough Clare, love."

"A French fella." Michelle added loudly. Nation. Of. Rides! My fanny's going funny just thinking about it."

"Wow you've sold me." Maeve smiled sarcastically as Michelle rolled her eyes at her best friend. 

"If we go to Paris I'd like to meet Nicole." Orla smiles.

"Who's Nicole?"

"For God's sake. How many times? It's just an ad. She's not a real person. Neither is Papa." Erin snaps at Orla having enough of her cousin being obsessed with people in adverts. 

"Be good conversation practice aswell, you know, for the orals."

"I don't take French. Don't understand a word of it."

"That's kind of the point Maeve.

"Oh God. Don't tell me Charlene Kavanagh is going. She is dying about herself. Oh I'm so good looking, oh I'm so popular. If there ever was a more shallow, self-absorbed, generally unpleasant human being..." Erin rambled on not noticing Charlene coming up behind her until she said hi as Erin immediately changed her mood smiling at the girl. "Hi. Good, grand. Not too bad. Can't complain. Is the answer I'd have given if you'd asked how I was."

"Right. Are you signing up for Paris? I can't convince that lot to come. Looks like I'm going to need someone to hang out with."

"It would be an honour!"

"Okay. Well, I'll see you later, then." She waves at everyone before walking away.

"You will, Charlene. Indeed you will! Did you hear that? The Charlene Kavanagh wants to hang out with little old me!"

"You know what I admire most about you, Erin? Your unshakeable principles." Clare scoffs as they all head to the stall for more information about the trip. Jenny greeting them in French until Michelle put a stop to it.

"Hold on. Stall the fucking ball. Three hundred and seventy-five quid? Are you for real?" Michelle yells at Jenny and Aisling.

"Ha! Knew I made the right decision of not wanting to go." Maeve smirks before turning away when Clare and Erin glared at her. 

"Isn't there some sort of group discount?"

"It's not Club 18 to 30. Just dip into your trust fund. I do it all the time."

"What's a trust fund?"

"It's like an account your parents set up for you to help pay for things, like University, your first car, educational trips." 

"I did not know about this? Did you know about this?" Erin asked Michelle.

"No, did I fuck!" The girls all went out of the school after finding more information about it before walking home. 

Maeve went into the empty house, taking her uniform off, taking a nice hot shower before feeding Nutella. She sat on the sofa watching the Tv with Nutella asleep on her lap before she jumped off at the sound of the door opening. "Hi Maeve love sorry I'm late, my bloody boss kept us all for a staff meeting."

"It's okay Mammy."

"And also. I went down to Fionnula's to get us some dinner, saw the girls down there surprised you weren't with them."

"I just wanted to spend some time here watching some of me shows with Nutella."

"Alright love. Had a good day at school?"

"Just like any day really." Maeve shrugged. "Although there has been a Paris trip announced Michelle, Erin and Clare are desperate to go but it's 375 pounds."

"375 pounds for a trip to Paris?! You might aswell go to fucking Disneyland!"

"That's what I said. Oh forgot to say Mary gave me a bottle of wine said it was for you from her work."

"Oh that's nice of her although i should be the one gifting her, seeing how much she takes care of you."

"She doesn't mind."

"I know she doesn't but that should be my job." Tara sighed and she sat next to Maeve on the sofa with the plates of food. 

"i told this Mammy. I love you I don't care how much you work as long as you're still here. I'm happy."

"Love you kid."

"Love you too." The two sat and ate their fish and chips whilst watching only Fools and Horses, Maeve washing up when the doorbell went.

"Alright Tara how's it going?" Maeve smiled at the sound of Michelle's voice. 

"Very good Michelle and you?"

"Never better." Maeve turned round to the girls walking in Orla at the back already holding and stroking Nutella. 

"What now?" Maeve sighed.