𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

CRUEL SUMMER

CRUEL SUMMER

✰❤︎❃✿☆✿❃❤︎✰

Everyone except from Clare, Michelle and James were at the Quinn house, the girls' mothers there including Tara.

Orla, Erin, Maeve and Sarah all squished onto one sofa with Tara sitting beside Maeve in the arm rest, with Sister Micheal on one of the two armchairs and Peter leaning against the wall smiling at Tara.

"Mammy he's creeping me out." Maeve whispered to her mother.

"You're not fucking alone." The both snorted with laughter but trying to hid it when Mary started scolding Erin in front of everyone.

"What are you suggesting?" Erin scoffed at her mother.

"If you are lying Erin so help me God!"

"I'm not lying."

"Swear. Swear on Dolly." Mary pointed to her framed picture of Dolly Parton hung up on the wall.

"Orla saw it too."

"Orla's easily lead."

"Thank you Aunt Mary." Orla smiled raising her mug to her.

"Look, I'm sure you all must have questions."

"I have a question." Sarah raises her hand at Peter. "How do you keep in such great shape. Is it exercise or diet?" She smiled giddily.

"Combination of both."

"I have a question pretty boy." Tara scoffs in sarcasm. "Why are you encouraging all this. My daughters head is already full of ridiculous imaginations."

"Heyyyy." Maeve whined as Tara put her hand over her mouth.

"It's you." Peter slightly gasps.

"Excuse me."

"You at till 5 at the supermarket down the road."

"Oh Jesus." Maeve whispers to herself.

"Yeah so." Tara shrugs.

"Um nothing, never mind." Peter covers his cheeks as he moves on with the subject.

"What's he saying?" Mary's eyebrows furrowed.

"I think he's saying he wants to dig up the wee dead dog's grave."

"What?" Both Mary and Erin's voice shook.

"Feckin' weirdo." Tara, Sister Micheal and Maeve mumbled. Just then the doorbell rings as Erin states she's going to get it as Orla and Maeve stand up to follow her but Tara sits Maeve back down, Orla following and sitting next to Maeve leaning her head on her shoulder. It was peaceful for a while till Erin rushed in with Michelle, Clare and James, James for some reason in all black his hair looking shiny with grease as they rushed out to the back door. Michelle coming back in grabbing both Orla and Maeve's hand and dragging them outside with the rest. Maeve seeing a sight she never thought she would, her friends digging up the wee dead dogs grave.

"Fuckin hell!"

"I don't know what's become of us Maeve!!" Clare cried.

"If you think I'm digging up that dogs grave you're crazy!"

"We'll help walking panic attack over there keep a look out." Michelle nodded to Clare.

"I'm not helping in any way!!" Maeve crossed her arms when she heard Orla stating she found something. "Orla! I can't believe you're helping."

"But love look." She held up a cardboard box as Erin snatched it off her.

"Okay me and Michelle will go stash him somewhere and you lot just distract everyone else."

"Open the box Erin." Peter rushes from behind them as they all gasp in shock.

"Dear God!"

"Yes he is with us do not be scared child." Erin looks down in shame as she hesitantly opens the cardboard bow shutting her eyes as everyone round her gasps as she looks up at Peter and his shocked face. "Look I can explain." She smiles awkwardly as she looks down at the empty box. "Actually I can't. I can't explain."