𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

DANCING WITH MYSELF

DANCING WITH MYSELF

✰❤︎❃✿☆✿❃❤︎✰

The girls were all in the Quinn kitchen as Joe was cooking them breakfast, Maeve gushing over baby Anna as Joe asked anyone if they wanted anymore food, Gerry asking if he could make him a cup of tea but obviously Joe shut it down immediately telling him to make his own tea.

James came down trying to do his toe as Joe walked right up to him, James instantly looking terrified. "You stay over too, son?"

"Yes, I did. That's correct, sir."

"What? In your room?" Joe turns to Erin as she looks awkwardly round the room staying silent. "Have you nothing to say about this, you slack southern shite?" Joe yelled at Gerry who looked worried. "Look, I know the fella's gay..."

"I am not gay."

"But gay or not-"

"Who said I was gay?"

"He's still a fella. Still a good chance that he's a rapist. I mean no offence son." James nods awkwardly before sitting himself down as Mary came in the back door from the garden.

"Well that's that done." She sighed.

"God rest his wee soul."

"Ach don't talk to me. I was in bits last night. Didn't even manage my Chinese. Poor... Tonto." Sarah placed her head in hands taking a sip from her tea.

"Toto... his name was Toto Aunt Sarah." Erin snapped back.

"Aye, nightmare so it is." Sarah took a drag from her cigarette. "Da, do us a bacon butty, would you? My stomach thinks my throat's cut here."

"Sure thing love."

"Jesus, the pets are getting it left, right and centre at the minute. Maureen Melarkey's Tigger passed away." Gerry states as everyone jumps when Joe slams the frying pan down on the stove.

"We do not utter that woman's name in this house." Joe snapped.

"Ach, Da, not the bingo thing still."

"She's a cheating oul bitch."

"How can you cheat at bingo, Granda?" Erin scoffed at her Granda as she ate her toast, Maeve snatching the last of it holding it in her mouth whilst she packed her bag as Erin glared at her best friend.

"Her nephew brought her this pen back from New Jersey. It changes the numbers. I'm telling you, it's witchcraft, Mary."

"We'll hear no more about the magic pen. Now come on, girls, eat up. You'll need all your energy for the big exam." Mary rolled her eyes at her Da as she started to collect all the plates and cups from the table.

"We'll need a miracle for the exam." Clare whispers frantically as she opens another can of energy drink rushing to take a sip from it before Maeve came behind her and snatched it from her.

"I'll have that thank you." Maeve smiled at her friend.

"No Maeve please I promise it's my last one."

"You're a teenager doing an exam Clare, not a crackhead going back to rehab." Maeve sighed as she dumped the energy can in the rubbish bin.

The girls filed out walking up the hill to the bus stops as Erin was complaining about her Mam threatening her if she fails the exam.

"You can't ring Childline every time your ma threatens to kill you, Erin."

"Yeah, you can't waste Esther's time like that." Clare shook her head downing another energy drink as Maeve let go of Orla's band rushing forward grabbing the energy van throwing it away from Clare.

"Guys, all we can do is try our best."

"Ach, don't be such a fruit, James."

"Oh, my God. Look." Erin gasped in shock as they came up to army soldiers outside their vans. "Doesn't that dog look like Toto?"

"I suppose it does a bit, yeah."

"Looks exactly like him. Here, boy!" Erin suddenly starts running after the dog as the rest of the girls and James run after her.

"Erin I can't do this. I can't run." Maeve shouted after her.

"Me neither I'm still pissed." Michelle yelled.

"We're going to be late, Erin!"

"It's so freaky. Isn't so freaky?!"

"No it's just a dog that looks a bit like another dog!!" Erin ignores Clare as she encourages everyone to follow her into the church where she saw the dog run.

Maeve following Clare to the statue of Mary as Clare kneeled down at started praying to her, Maeve refusing to follow.

"Oh, now you'll definitely pass!" Erin scoffed at her sarcastically.

"It was worth a try!" Clare rolled her eyes as there was a silent moment of silence before everyone got down on their knees except from Maeve.

"Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all his carpenter friends." Maeve sighed heavily rolling her eyes.

"I'm not gonna bother with any "never sin again material, because let's face it, we've been there before. You know it's balls, I know it's balls." Michelle smirked to herself before Clare gasped loudly.

"She... She... I saw it with my own eyes."

"So what?"

"She smirked!"

"Who big M?" Michelle questioned as Clare nodded.

"Are you sure you didn't just-"

"Jesus! Me, too! She just smirked at me too." Michelle interrupted Erin.

"I'm not doing this." Maeve groaned as she walked out the church leaning against the wall eating her chocolate bar. Only going in when she heard Clare's voice going even more high pitched than usual. "What is going on?!"

"She's crying Maeve!!" Clare cried squeezing Maeve's hands. "She's crying real tears."

"Here we go."