𝐯𝐢. 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

chapter six

chapter six . . .
visioning the end

After some time after Rhaerys and Rhaenyra left from choosing a knight for the kings guard, they soon joined with Alicent.

"It's only been half a year since our mother died." Rhaenyra said as she stressed about former conversations with her father.

"And already they tried to marry my father off and replace Rhaerys as heir." She added with a tone of astonishment.

"I know those men and how they plot in their secret councils when we've been sent away, dear sister." Rhaerys said with a sigh.

If Rhaerys had to admit, she did not care too much of her father's council and their deceiving plans.

"You cannot worry at the matters of lords and kings, Rhaenyra." Alicent spoke.

Rhaerys could not help but roll her eyes at the sound of Alicent's voice, Every time Alicent opened her mouth, Rhaerys would get a cold, bone shivering sensation down her spine.

"What if your father were to remarry?" Alicent asked after a moment of silence.

This caused Rhaerys to pause slightly at the tone in Alicent's words.

Rhaerys lifted her head to meet Alicent's gaze. "Well then, I hope the cunt will at least bring some joy into the miserable old man." Rhaerys said with a smirk whilst ignoring Alicent's gasp at her words and Rhaenyra's snort as she tried to contain her laughter.

"Rhaerys!" Alicent called out in horror. Rhaerys however, only shrugged in response.

The twins' playfulness soon resided as a somber look took over their beautiful features.

"Your father loves you both." Alicent said as reassurance.

Alicent then picked up a match and knelt as she began to light a candle that sat upon the many of others. "He chose you for his heir." She said as she focused her attention of Rhaerys.

"He didn't choose me. He spurns Daemon." Rhaerys snapped. Silence filled the air and the only sound that could be heard was the crackling of the fire that burned on the candles.

"Kneel with me." Alicent said as she looked up at the two Targaryens.

The girls stood in their places begrudgingly. But with a tilt of Alicent's head and a playful glare, Rhaenyra had then knelt down next to Alicent.

Sighing at her sister's naiveness, Rhaerys then followed in tow and knelt down beside her sister.

"I find this is a way to be with my mother." Alicent said softly. "Here in the quiet of the Sept, I feel close to her. I know it sounds foolish." She added after a moment.

"I don't think it's foolish." Rhaenyra said with a shake of her head. "I don't." She added softly.

"Good." Alicent said with a smile. "Because I thought the two of you might try." She said as she handed the two girls candles.

"I—" Rhaerys began to decline, only to be interrupted.

"If not for me, then, perhaps for them."'Alicent said quickly as she turned her gaze above enforcing handing them both matches.

Rhaerys and Rhaenyra proceeded to light the matches before setting the flames to each of their own candles before blowing out the match.

Rhaerys could not help but feel a sense of home as she gazed into the dance of the flames. "What- What do I say?" Rhaerys questioned hesitantly as she avoided eye contact with Alicent.

"Whatever you wish." Alicent said softly. "It's only for you and the gods to know." She added.

Rhaerys closed her eyes and folded her palms together once more. Everything around Rhaerys began to fade. Her body began to feel as though it was on fire— a similar feeling that she'd had at the tournament.

Rhaerys found herself standing in the middle of what looked to be the ruins of a battle field, the popping sound of nearby things in flames sounded throughout her ears.

Ash covered corpses were scattered around the grounds.

Everything that had once been something, was nothing.

Rhaerys let out a sob at the sight. She had never seen anything like this before.

Rhaerys took a step forward and after that step, several more came. She was stopped in her place at the feeling of a tug on her ankle.

Letting out a gasp, Rhaerys looked down to see a burned figure holding onto her ankle rather tightly, the lips of the figure moved as Rhaerys struggled to get out of the tight grip of the almost dead man.

"T- Targaryens." He gasped out.

Rhaerys stopped at the sound of her family name. "What? What is it?" She questioned hurriedly.

"Targaryen's will b-be the end of t-the dragons. The end o-of their very own dy-dynasty." He gasped out before he took his last breath and withered into nothing.

Rhaerys furrowed her brows at the sound of a dragon's roar. Looking towards the sound, Rhaerys saw in the near distance by far the biggest dragon she'd ever seen.

"Gevie." She whispered in her mother tongue. The dragon was beautiful.

It was the deepest shade of black covered in red scales.

What added to the dragon's beauty were the eyes. The dragon's eyes were the darkest shade of red.

Rhaerys broke out of her trance of admiring as the dragon began to get closer and closer to the ground with every flap of it's wings.

The dragon soon landed not to far away from Rhaerys and let out a loud roar that shook the ruined ground. The dragon opened it's mouth wide and showed off it's sharp teeth.

Inviting. To be one. Almost as if she had been in a trance, Rhaerys walked toward the dragon and laid her palm upon it's tongue before kneeling down onto her knees to crawl into the awaiting mouth of the dragon.

note: hi babes. i'm gonna try and update all this weekend because school has been kicking my a$$ lately :(

anyways, this is a short chapter because i kind of wanna make it like a filler chapter.

but we kind of have an idea of what hat rhaerys's dragon will look like 👀 i hope you guys remember when when i wrote about rhaerys envisioning herself inside the belly of a dragon... IMPORTANT DETAILS PEOPLE