𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

chapter twenty- eight

chapter twenty- eight. . .
the heir's return

Rhaerys dismounted from Vakar with her son—Viserion who was now the age of one.

The child loved the dragons just as much as his mother.

Rhaerys introduced her son to her dragons early in his days, and they instantly fell in love with the Targaryen Prince.

Rhaerys smiled as she shifted her son onto her hip, allowing him to set his tiny palm against Vakar's snout. Vakar immediately nuzzled her snout against the boys palm.

"Sōvēs." Rhaerys told the dragon, who nuzzled into Rhaerys' shoulder before turning and launching herself into the sky.

"A letter for you Khaleesi." Haffi, Rhaerys' hand maiden said as she handed a scroll to Rhaerys.

"Thank you, Haffi." Rhaerys smiled, kissing her little princeling on his head before allowing Haffi to take Viserion from her.

Rhaerys had been truly grateful for the Dothraki people. They showed a great amount of love and support to her as well as her son.

They treated him as family.

Rhaerys walked into her tent and began to read over the letter.

The letter had been from her sister, she'd sent word that their cousin— Lady Laena Velaryon had died a dragon's death and that they would be holding a funeral soon, Rhaerys' presence home was required at once.

Father's orders.

Rhaerys sighed.

It'd been a decade, and she'd been feeling quite uneasy about returning to King's Landing. But it was time.

The Dothraki had prepared ships that would take Rhaerys and her son home. They would finally be put to use.

Rhaerys decided that she would let the khalasar stay in their homes under the new Khal. Her hand maids however, refused to part from her. They'd follow her to King's Landing.

Rhaerys paced the space of her tent as she chewed her fingernails in thought.

She let out a harsh sigh before leaving the tent to find her hand maids.

She came across Irri first. "Send word to ready the ships."

"Yes, Khaleesi." Irri said before taking off.

Rhaerys later then found herself, her son, and her hand maids on a ship to Driftmark, as well as men from the khalsar who made up the crew.

The journey lasted quite a long time, Rhaerys saved time by riding half of the journey on dragon back.

Before she knew it, Rhaerys had arrived to Driftmark.

Rhaerys knelt to press her palm against the sand of the beach before standing and turning to the men of the khalasar.

"Return to Vaes Dothrak safely." Rhaerys said to the men before leaning in to embrace them— shocking them.

They said their farewells, and Rhaerys brought her son closer to her chest for comfort as she and her hand maids made their way up the steps and into the gathering of people.

note: i don't know why i felt the need to break her return into two parts. oh well, it's done now lol.

i want it to make sense that Viserion likes riding on the dragon with his mother. SAFELY OF COURSE. she's a mama dragon, she for sure keeps him safe and secured. but, should i take it out lol?

anyways lmao, it's a school night, i have a spanish test tomorrow 😭. wish me luckk

good night, love you guys. thanks for reading <3