𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

chapter seven

chapter seven . . .
family

Rhaerys had awoken from her vision with a start.

Yet she still marveled at the beauty of the dragon she'd encountered with.

She felt so connected with the beautiful, red-eyed dragon, she felt a sense of familiarity between the two of them. A longing.

When she came to, she was immediately pestered with questions and concerns from her sister and the lady Alicent, to which she ignored and fled to her own quarters to be alone.

Before she knew it, Rhaerys found herself sitting in a dreadfully silent dinner with her sister along with their father.

The sound of utensils clinking upon one another filled the silent room as Rhaerys shared looks with Rhaenyra from across each other whilst they ignored the looks their father sent them every one in a while.

Deciding that enough was enough, Rhaerys took it upon herself to end the silence between she and her family. "We haven't.. spoken much." She said as she looked to her father. "Since." She added hesitantly, meaning since her mother passed away in childbirth.

"A regret of mine." Viserys spoke, truly meaning it. "We should be free to speak our minds to one another." He then added.

"You can say whatever you'd like." Rhaenyra spoke. "You are the King." She added playfully, which in return caused Viserys to chuckle silently before speaking.

"I loved your mother very much." He said as tears gathered in his eyes.

Rhaerys nodded her head in acknowledgment. "As did I." She whispered softly before taking her sisters hand into her own from beneath the table as the three of them settled into silence one more before continuing to eat.

"Ser Harrold provided a fine field of tourney knights." Rhaerys spoke with ridicule.

"Oh?" Viserys said in surprise.

"But in questioning them, I discovered that Ser Cristion was the only man among them with true battle experience." She added, causing Viserys to chuckle once more.

"He'll make a fine knight of the Kingsguard." He said with a small smile before continuing his meal.

"Today at Small Council-" Rhaenyra begun.

"Pay it no mind." Viserys interrupted.

"I thought I might have had some insight." She began to explain.

"You're young. You will learn." Viserys said simply.

Rhaerys rolled her lips into her mouth at the feeling of tension beginning to fill the room.

Rhaerys didn't quite understand how just as the dinner was beginning to be quite enjoyable, it was tarnished in such an instant.

note: sorry for the short chapter, i promise that i'm trying to give you guys anything through my busy schedule. :(