𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐢

chapter twenty-five

chapter twenty-five . . .
khaleesi

Rhaerys awoke to the sensation of grass brushing against her skin.

Blinking her eyes repeatedly to clear the sleep from her eyes, Rhaerys furrowed her brows when she looked down to the sight of broad arms locked around her naked waist.

The recollection of the her wedding to Khal Jahakko that took place was brought to the front of her mind.

Turning in his arms, Rhaerys gazed upon his sleeping face.

He looked so at peace.

"Are you staring, moon of my life?" The Khal spoke as he awoke from his slumber without opening his eyes.

"No, my sun and stars, I was simply admiring your beauty." Rhaerys smiled as she sat herself up to rest her head upon his chest.

"Beauty? You are the most beautiful woman in all of the lands." Jahakko said as he gazed down at his wife.

Smiling, Rhaerys placed a small and hesitant kiss on his lips. "Where do we go from here?" She asked.

"Home." Was the only response she was given.

The Khal then moved the two of them into a kneeling position before placing a soft lingering kiss onto Rhaerys' lips. "We must gather the horses to move at once, we cannot stay here." He said as he gathered his clothing, Rhaerys doing the same.

They traveled a great deal of long roads along their journey.

Rhaerys' pale skin had began to redden in color due to the scorching sun.

As she rode her horse next to her new husband, Rhaerys gazed at him often to see if he noticed her suffering.

"If you wish to stop, wife, You need only tell them." Jahakko said as he smiled slightly, his eyes never leaving the pathway.

"They are your people, my sun and stars. They will not listen to me." Rhaerys whispered to him.

"You are my wife." The khal stated firmly. "They are your people now as well. Your khalasar to command."

Rhaerys turned to look upon the faces of the men and women following the two of them. "May we stop for a moment? My legs are achingly painful at the moment." She spoke hesitantly.

The eyes of the people softened at the sound of her voice. "Yes, Khaleesi."

Smiling, Rhaerys looked to her husband who'd been watching her with a prideful smile on his face.

"What does "Khaleesi" mean?" She asked him.

"It means "Queen." He said as he dismounted his horse to help Rhaerys down from her own.

"The people see you as their Queen." He said, cupping her chin in his palm and resting his forehead against her own.

note: this is short, i know. truthfully, i've been dragging this fanfic along lmao. i should be done with it by now, but i don't want it to end just yet :(

i don't even want jahakko to die :( but it hassss to happen

rhaerys will have to return home eventually 🙄 and she'll be returning to a bunch of bs

p.s. i'm also thinking of bringing rhaerys back on the day of laena's funeral.