𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

chapter thirty- one

chapter thirty- one. . .
the black wedding

Rhaerys stood quietly staring out at the ocean's chaotic waters when she felt the presence of another.

Daemon settled at her side.

"Fire is such strange power." She spoke. "Everything that House Targaryen possesses is owed to it. Yet it has cost us both what we love."

"Perhaps the Velaryons knew the truth of it. The sea is the better ally." Daemon said.

"I need you, Uncle." Rhaerys whispered as she stared up at him. "I, nor my sister can face the greens alone." She added in Valyrian. "Let us bind our blood, wed, just as Aegon the Conqueror did with his sisters. With you as my husband and prince consort, my claim would not be challenged."

Daemon gazed at her silently as he thought her words over.

"The Velaryons are of the sea. But you and I are made of fire. We have always been meant to burn together."

Rhaerys then secretly wed her uncle, Prince Daemon, at Dragonstone. The wedding was of Old Valyria tradition.

The blood oath, during which Rhaerys and Daemon uses dragonglass to cut themselves and mix their blood ceremonially.

Rhaerys winced at the pain as she cut into the palm of her hand then she and Daemon joined hands as their blood dripped and mixed with one another's.

Rhaerys brought the cup to her lips and Daemon followed soon after.

Rhaenyra held Rhaerys' son in her arms as she and her children as well as Dameon's children watched the wedding take place from afar.

The two smiled at one another softly as Rhaerys stroked Daemon's face.

Daemon placed his hand on Rhaerys' shoulder before placing his lips onto hers.

The press of his lips had not been lustful, but gentle.

She was his, and his alone.

His hands slipped down her arms and pushed her body closer to his own.

They knew not of what the greens had in store for them, but together they would face the challenges head on.

note: it's short, ik, i wanted the wedding to have its own chapter lol.