𝐱𝐯. 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝

chapter fifteen

chapter fifteen . . .
secrets untold

Rhaerys walked back to the Kingswood wheelhouse with her chin lifted and her arms held behind her back as Rhaenyra sat upon her horse and a few men carried the wild boar that Rhaerys had killed back in the woods.

She could feel their eyes. Judging her.

She however paid them no mind and continued her walk.

As Rhaerys passed her father's table where Alicent Hightower, himself, and Otto Hightower sat she held her father's gaze with an icy stare until he was out of her line of sight.

The next morning, Rhaerys was called to her father's council.

"Make haste to Dwarfstone, Ser Addam." Viserys instructed as he handed the knight a scroll. "Hand deliver this to Prince Daemon yourself." He added.

"At once, Your Grace." Ser Addam said with a nod before turning to complete his task.

"Dwarfstone?" Rhaerys questioned as she settled in front of her father once the room begun to clear.

"I'm sending word to Daemon." Viserys said. "Aid is sailing to the Stepstones." He added.

"Did he make call for help?" Rhaerys asked with a roll of her eyes as she folded her palms in front of her.

"He would sooner die." Viserys chuckled. "But his king does not mean to allow that."

Rhaerys nodded as she took seat in a nearby chair, but said nothing.

"Do you not think my decision correct?" Her father asked.

"It is no consequence to what I think... as I'm often reminded." Rhaerys said with a grin.

Viserys chuckled once again as he dropped his head with a sigh. "Daemon is thorn enough in my flesh. Will you insist on taking after him? Must everything be a battle?"

"If you refer to your attempt to marry me off to Casterly Rock." Rhaerys spat with disgust.

"I am sorry, Rhaerys." Viserys sighed. "I was trying to help you. Will you not be helped?" He said with a shake of his head. "Why must every effort on your behalf be resisted as if to the death?" He asked.

"Because you mean to replace me..." Rhaerys said, her voice beginning to raise slightly. "With Alicent Hightower's son, the boy you always wanted." She laughed through her oncoming sob. "You have him in hands now. You have no further use for me." She sobbed. "You might as well peddle me for what you can. A mountain stronghold or a fleet of ships."