Chapter 10

Leilani's POV

I sipped on my second drink in silence as I looked around the ballroom. Only the filthy rich were present here and I felt quite left out. I only grew impatient as time passed and Christoph wasn't back yet, This man just kept staring at me and I swear I just wanted to leave. I looked around trying to not look at the man but it all got worse when he started walking towards me. "Shit." I muttered under my breath. What was I to say or do... I didn't know this man.

The man stood right in front of me and I got up. He seemed to be in his fifties or something. His hair was greying and his skin wrinkling and pink. We were about the same height and he kept smiling at me while I just stared awkwardly. "I couldn't stop myself from coming over, what's a beautiful lady like you doing all alone over here?"

"Well.." I didn't even know what to say, was he trying to flirt with me?

"She's not alone Kane, you can leave." Lucciano came back at just the right time. "Oh she's with you." He said trying to touch me when Christoph blocked his hand with his arm then gently pushed me back even more closer to him. "Don't touch her Kane. Surely you know to keep your hands to yourself." Mr Kane chuckled brushing his lip with his thumb. "Why you being so possessive Christoph?" He arched an eyebrow, "Who is she to you?"

"My fiancée." He said straight out with zero hesitation. I looked at Christoph, flabbergasted, something began to brew deep in the pits of my stomach, while he kept his attention on the also stunned Kane. "Now leave us." Mr Kane glanced at me one last time before he left us.

Creep. 

"Christoph you-"

"-Don't talk to such people. Be careful with whom you interact with." He gracefully turned and walked away.

I played with my rings and bracelet as I stood at the balcony. My mind replaying whatever happened a few minutes back. Fiancée..

What was he thinking? I mean he could have just used any other term or found a better lie to tell. Damn that man. My elbows were propped up on the railing as I took in the cold night time air.

I turned to go back in when I noticed Lucciano and some woman speaking, she would touch him every now and then and he seemed to have no problem with it. I furrowed my eyebrow and wore a straight face as I began to walk in there direction. I didn't like how close she was to him. Like couldn't they just talk like normal people.

My expression changed to a large grin as I reached them and locked hands with an off guard Lucciano. I smiled at him then at his little friend. "Hi." I said flatly. She flattered her long eyelashes as she looked back and forth at Lucciano then me. "H-hello." She said seemly perplexed. "Babe, won't you introduce us?" I grinned widely at him and he so wasn't pleased.... I liked that.

He lwt out a tired sigh, then said, "Kaele this is Yara and Yara this is Leilani-"

"His fiancée." I finished it for him even though he wasn't looking to. I smiled at the Strawberry blonde until my cheeks began to hurt. "Wow, I...didn't know you were..."

"Not everybody needs to know, right babe?" He just shook his head in silence, he seemed annoyed. Yara walked away and he  pulled me aside. "What was that?!" He seethed

"You left me alone Christoph, I told you I didn't want to even come here yet you still brought me along. If you're gonna invite someone out at least make an effort to be by them not talking to some other woman." My breathing got erratic, I tried not to raise my voice as we were in public. "Does me being with other women hurt you Kaele? Are you jealous?" He thickly spoke sending shivers down my spine. "What! No! Like why did you even bring me here?!" I held myself together.

"This is meant to be an apology for the way I acted towards you." I choked, my wet eyes looking directly at his darkened and emotionless ones. "A simple sorry would have been fine." I put forth, my tone rather wobbly. After that I turned and walked away.

Thirty minutes after I walked out on him he came, probably done with his work. This time he drove and I sat next to him my head laid upon the car seat as I lazily gazed out the window. It hurt, I had something completely different in mind but it was just a pathetic attempt at an apology. I glanced at him from time to time and he seemed quite stressed, for the first time but he tried not to show it.

He stopped the car in the drive way of this beautiful building. He came out, walked to my side and opened the door for me. I placed my hand in his and we walked into the building. It was actually some sort of discreet jewellery store obviously for the filthy rich. We sat down on some very comfortable sofa's, some champagne and treats were served for us, immediately.

Right after that multiple people walked in all carrying different types of jewellery pieces. "Mr Lucciano Miss Kaele." The manager greeted us with a brieft nod. "I did just as you asked sir, only the best designer pieces." He said gesturing to the jewellery. He just nodded briefly and the man left. "Pick whatever you like." I arched an eyebrow and looked at the pieces. They were all very beautiful and unique. I picked up this choker like necklace,encrusted with white diamonds all over. I really liked it. I looked at it for a while as it laid beautifully in my hands then I turned to Christoph, who just stared at me in silence. "You really don't have to do this. You don't need to waste so much on me." It was freakin expensive and I just couldn't accept anything from him, He could change his mind at any time and do the unthinkable,  "I don't have that kind if money."

"I'm paying." He said like it was nothing. "But you know I can't give all your money back to you."

"I didn't say you had to repay me."

"And I said a simple sorry was enough. In fact you don't even have to apologise I'm just something worth two million otherwise I'm nothing more to you." I spoke softly no tears in sight as this was the truth. "To be honest, I'm tired. I hate that I have no control over a life that's mine." My eyes moistened. "I thought I had it all, I was happy. But the person I valued more than myself broke me." A tear run down my cheek.

"Look Kaele, I'm..."

"...just know that I'd be happy to die by your hands." I put the necklace down clenching my dress.

I got up and as I left, I wiped my tears away regretting what I just did....