Chapter 16

My heart sank. I stared down at my glass, my eyes moistening. "I didn't mean what I said, Christoph, I was-"

"I know." He leaned forward and wiped a tear away. I savoured the feeling of his hands on my skin, and only now did I realise how much his touch affected me. "Please don't cry, it's irritating." I wrapped myself up around him, a little smile carved on my lips as I laid my head on his chest taking in his strong woodsy cologne, his heart beat steady while mine was like a whirlwind.

He wasn't one for physical touch, but he didn't protest, he instead wrapped his arms around me. I felt butterflies intrude my stomach, my heart bounding as if it would fly out my chest. I tightened my grip out of desperation and he noticed. I hadn't been touched like this. I hadn't felt so overwhelmed by a beautiful feeling like this, I didn't want it to end, I wanted him to hold me like this forever but he then slowly began to pull away.

 My entire being became cold, a void began to form right in the center of my heart. He tilted my chin up, forcing me to look at him. My eyes filled with tears I couldn't hold back, then his lips crushed onto mine. He kissed me passionately that he compelled me to reciprocate. I poured my heart out at that moment. My soul aching for more as our bodies merged. He kissed me violently, but just enough to make me wanna give it all to him. He held nothing back. My stomach fluttering with pleasure as his tongue artistically explored my mouth. I ran my hands through his dark unruly locks as he pulled me onto him. His warm hands running under my shirt onto my cold skin, I winced and he smirked through our kiss, savouring every little freaking moment

He tore his lips from mine, a contentful smirk carved onto his godly countenance. I breathed heavily, the lustful adrenaline still running through my veins. I hardly had any energy left as I just laid in his arms, head on his chest and he ran his hand through my hair and with his other hand he caressed my arm.

Christoph's PoV

I quietly observed her, studied her, getting to know her facial features. Whatever I'd missed I caught, like the little birthmark right beneath the edge of her left eye. A solemn and peaceful look invaded her visage, free strands of her long black, slight curled hair grazed her face as she slept, carefully embraced in my arms, her eyelids slowly flattered open, her long lashes flattering over her cheeks, her lips curved into a little smile. "Buongiorno dormigliona." I whispered.

She propped herself up and I proceeded to tuck the loose strands of hair behind her ear, then she shyly kissed me. "What does that mean?" She said, her tone soft, laced with a little laugh.

"It means good morning sleepy head." She smiled, slumping back onto the sofa.

I was awake long before she was, but I could swear on my life that I'd never had a peaceful sleep like I did yesterday. My mind was free of intruding thoughts, I felt comfortable with her besides me, and yesterday I let myself feel whatever I'd been avoiding all along, but would it last?

A knock sounded at the door which sent Leilani jolting up as if she'd just been caught in a scandal or something. It made me wonder if she had any sort of experience in these things.

She stood a few inches away while I buttoned my shirt up, "would you get it?"

"Umm." She hesitated, her arms nervously crossed in front of her. "Get the door, Leilani." I said with patience and she went over and opened it. "Good morning miss." Reginald said with a wolfish smile. I walked up to them and Leilani's cheeks had flashed in colour, a contrast with her light almond skin tone. Her shyness made me smile. "I'd checked both your rooms and office but neither of you were there so I came to check here." He said with a bit of a taunting tone laced in his voice. Leilani smiled awkwardly, then left the room. "I have your breakfast ready."

"I won't have any. I need to go to Milan."

"Now I understand why leaving with your brothers was dire for you." He arched an eyebrow sheepishly and I couldn't help but chuckle at his words and expression.

I adjusted my sleek black suit as I dismounted the stairs. "The underworld cartel is your responsibility, Reginald," I said and he briefly nodded. "You know what to do with Donovan and his minions." I affirmed. "Don't worry sir, there will be no trace of his existence."

"Good." I said with a brief nod when Reginald gestured beside me. I turned my head to the side and there stood Leilani. "I'm leaving, take care of yourself." I held her, then planted a kiss on her forehead. She looked up at me with a rueful smile, "bye." she said softly.

"Sir..." I turned to Reginald. An eyebrow arched. "I'll be busy with the underworld, meaning I'll rarely be here." He cocked his head, looking in Leilani's direction. "Why don't you take Miss Kaele with you?"

I shoved my hands deep into my pockets, glancing from Reginald to Leilani, who seemed numb to our conversation. "It would be a breath of fresh air. For her, of course." I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. I wasn't going to be with her twentyfour-seven but why not. "That's not a bad idea." Reginald smiled out of self-content. "Do you wanna come to Italy with me?" I proposed turning to her, "um...."

"Great let's go." I pulled her with me but she countered. "I still have to pack."

"You can do some shopping in Milan."

"But.." she looked at Reginald, who nodded with a smile. "Fine."