Chapter 22

I knocked on the door of Demetrio's penthouse apartment and he opened it and stood back. I stepped in, glancing around before turning to him. "Where is she?" I asked.

"Still asleep." It was six in the morning and I'd just gotten back at one in the morning.

He shut the door as I walked to the living space. "Coffee?"

"Nah, your coffee's rubbish." I sat down and he let out a chuckle as he walked to the kitchen.

"Where's Vincent?" He sat down taking a sip of his coffee.

I don't know what he put in it but that cup deadly.

"San bartolo. Dante was recently spotted there."

"Hm." He nodded, "in relation to that. What are your plans for her?" He gestured to the air. And at that point my mind went off.

Do I have a plan for her? Yes.

Is it related to the debt? No.

In all honesty, Leilani got me all puzzled. There was something about her which left me feeling uneasy, worried.

But I couldn't do anything about it. She wouldn't let me.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I don't know why I'm stalling." I leaned back, frustrated and Demetrio let out a chuckle. "Oh. We all know why." I glared at him as he smirked sheepishly bringing his coffee cup to his mouth.

We sat in silence for a while, I fiddled with a rubix cube and he sipped his coffee, until, "Have you thought about letting her go?"

"What?" I let out.

"Haben Sie angesehen, dass sie loslassen?" He repeated. "Is English getting hard to understand?" He joked sending himself into a trail of laughter.

"Shut up." I mumbled through a smile when my eyes locked with Leilani's. Demetrio who sat opposite to me followed my eyes to Leilani who immediately broke her gaze and greeted us. "Good morning."

"Guten morgen." Demetrio replied with a smile while I just stared as she walked away. Not a single word to me. I was kind of hurt.

"Aren't you gonna following her and simp or something?"

I let out a short loud laugh, "I'm not stupid. I'd never simp for a woman." My attention once more fell on Leilani who walked towards me then handed me a cup of coffee. "It's your regular." I smirked taking the mug from her. I couldn't help but notice that she was avoiding me. Because she didn't even try to look at me and she immediately left after that.

I put the mug down and followed her to the kitchen.

"Leilani."

Leilani's POV

"Leilani?" He call out to me but I didn't even bother turning to face him.

"What's wrong?" He said turning me to face him. I kept my eyes on his chest while he looked down at me. "Kaele." His voice rang with authority and I proceeded to hug him tightly, as I held back my tears.

"What's wrong?" He asked once more.

What was wrong? Everything's wrong. After what happened in Italy my minds been filled with thoughts from the past and probabilistic ones. On top of that I was still in pain but I couldn't really tell anyone because I didn't want to feel like a burden.

"Kaele?"

"I don't.... feel good Christoph." He brought his hand to my chin, making me look at him. I was on the verge of crumbling. The tears right in the corners of my eyes carried a weight so unbearable, "I'm tired Christoph." I sobbed and he understood.

He wore this solemn yet doleful look on his face. He knew I meant I was mentally exhausted, emotionally drained and I could feel my body begin to slowly give up on me.

"I got you." He said cupping my cheek before he planted a gentle kiss on my lips. It lasted a moment and for once I felt whole until he pulled away.

"Let's go."

My ride home was very lonely. Lucciano got a call so he and Demetrio had to leave hence he had his driver take me home.

I watched the fuzz of buildings fly by as I leaned towards the window, my forehead meeting with the glass. My eyelids grew so heavy I couldn't keep them open even though I just woke up.

I was back in his villa hidden within the woods to be honest I kind if missed this place. I wasn't in the mood to climb a flight of stairs so I decided to take one of the rooms down stairs.

I stopped.

All my attention was drawn to Lucciano's office door. I looked around just to make sure I was alone then I walked into the room. Everything was neatly left. I closed the door shut with my back at it as I looked around.

This isn't a good idea. I thought to myself but I had to do it.

I pushed away from the door and walked to his desk....... The book shelve, where I found that file.

I rustled around in search for the file making sure to not make a mess but I found nothing.

I stood back rubbing my forehead in frustration as a migraine creeped up on me.

I skimmed through a pile of papers on his desk until I came across a file with a bunch papers.

"Dante Kaele." I breathed. It was recently retrieved information on my father.

It had everything. His names, probable address, phone number, connections and even me.

I took out the document with his work history. I gulped, taking in a deep breath as I read it's contents.

From mobs to Mafia's to freaking cartels and all possible underworld businesses, my father has been affiliate with them all. I shut my eyes trying to keep myself stable by holding onto the leather chair.

The man I respected and thought so highly of turned out to be a criminal. A wanted convict that lived his and my entire life off blood money.

The mere thought of it disgusted me. I felt like a criminal for letting myself be raised off his dirty money.

I held back my tears as I clenched the papers into my hands, slamming them on to tge table as my migraine grew more painful.

Lucciano was exactly like my father. But why was I overlooking his deeds. Him being whatever he was didn't bother me when clearly he and my father worked together.

I should hate the man. But something within wouldn't let me.

I couldn't think anymore. I picked up the papers wanting to place them back in the file when they fell out of my hands scattering onto the marble floor as I blacked out for a second.

"Oh no." I breathed to myself. And as I bent over to pick them up a voice sounded.

"Miss Kaele!"

 vote and comment.