Chapter 26

I turned, running my hand on the cold, empty side of the bed.

Christoph didn't come back last night.

I turned at the empty side, my head still buried into my pillow.

I shut my eyes once more, when his husky voice sounded. "Get up." He commanded and I sat up wrapping the sheets around myself. He was neatly dressed in a black suit matched with a crisp black shirt.

I stepped out of bed, still feeling the soreness and pain.

I carefully observed his countenance, something was truly wrong.

I started to walk to the other side of the bed, where he stood. "Get ready. We need to leave." I stopped halfway.

He was being remote. He spoke to me like he did when I first got here and I didn't like that.

Not another word he turned and left the room.

I grazed my mark with my fingers. Wondering, worried?

Something was brewing in Lucciano's mind. Something's definitely wrong.

I went to the bathroom where I found new clothes. I took a warm shower and was immediately dressed.

I walked out of the bathroom to men in black. Lucciano's guards stood inside and out of the room just waiting for me.

"Shall we go?" One of them asked. I froze unsure of the whole situation. I shook my head vigorously, "I - I - I need something. Could you please wait outside?" I asked leerily. Scared.

They hesitated for a bit but complied and left the room. I shut the door behind them then proceeded to pace around the room.

I opened the door to Lucciano's wardrobe in search for something. Something I could use, incase that time came. Something I'd need to protect myself.

A small dagger fell at my feet and I immediately picked it up hiding it on me, when the door burst open. "We're leaving now." He said and I was dragged out of the room.

I was tied up, gagged, blind folded and thrown into a car.

I struggled for air. And the anticipation slowly began to kill me....

I was going to die today.

The car stopped abruptly, the doors of the car were opened and I was pulled out, arms held me up as I was dragged away.

I hit the ground with a thud sticks and stones stabbing my flesh after the fool that held me threw me onto the hard ground. Only the sound of foot steps was audible.

I let out muffled screams when I was pulled up by my hair.

The blind fold was pulled off my face,

I stared at a pair of black polished binder Chelsea boots and I knew very well whom they belonged to. I lifted my gaze up to him as he glared down at me.

Why?

He came down to me and gently removed the gag. I stared at him as he focused on undoing my hands and legs.

"..." my lips parted but I couldn't say a thing.

"Get up." He said rising to his feet. I helped myself up while he took a gun out. My breath hitched.

"Christoph...." I breathed shakily. He glanced at me with one of his eyebrows raised as he cocked his gun.

"You said you wanted to tell me something?" He turned his attention back to his gun as he tightened his grip on it.