Chapter 33 (UPDATED)

Christoph's POV

"Are you sure?..... Have you thought about it properly?"

"Yes I have.... Why wouldn't I be sure?"

"Because of what I did-"

"Let's not talk about that anymore... Please."

"Am I forgiven?"

Nothing but silence trailed after..... I didn't expect her to be this stupid.

But after everything I can't possibly blame her.

She's in need of someone to care for her, and who would she trust other than the man she's know all her life.

My trackers gave me a thumbs up.... Finally, I had her.

Dante put the phone down. "I honestly didn't expect her to call."

"Really?"

"She seems to have her life in Check. She could leave the country whenever she wanted to but I guess her d-" He shut up.

"Finish your fucking sentence... Dante." I seethed. 

He gave a ridiculous grin.

I wonder what the fuck he had to hide from me. I don't expect him to tell me but I know it's serious and it concerns me.

"The men are ready." Vinny informed me

"No." I responded causing him to arch an eyebrow. "I'll go there myself."

"Are you sure Leilani can become very feisty and difficult to handle." Dante spoke from the top of his tumbler.

"He's right, you might need someone to keep her on a leash just in case."

"I know how to handle her." I mumbled storming out.

Leilani's POV.

Something kept on nagging me within after speaking to my father. 

Maybe I shouldn't have called him. Maybe I shouldn't trust him.

I signed shutting my eyes.

"Oh no! Leilani!" I opened my eyes to a burning pan.

I was completely absorbed by fear, which made me oblivious to what was going on around me. What the hell is wrong with me?

"I....I'm so sorry." I said still stuck in a cage of thought as she grabbed a lid and stopped the flames.

"What's wrong Leilani, what's bothering you?" Abuella asked pulling me to the side.

"Nothing I'm just tired."

"You're worried about something, aren't you?." I lowered my gaze. "Is it about Allegra?" I nodded. "Don't worry Fabiola will take care of her." She caressed my hair.

"It's late and they aren't back yet." I said, my tone dull...... lacking any body or expression, i couldn't pretend. I was drained.

"They're good and on there way back okay?" I nodded.

"Do you need anything?" I asked out of pure concern.

"Yes, my sewing basket. I want to make socks.... maybe a hat for the little girl." I smiled as she was referring to Allegra.

She hated being called that, 'cause apparently she was now a big girl. She has grown a lot yes. But still little.

"Where is it..?"

"Outside in the garage."

"Okay you go sit down, I'll get it."

I quickly cleared the stove and went out through the back door.

With much force I pulled the little rusty garage door open. I moved some boxes out of the way, trying to get to the shelf that housed the sewing basket. 

I reached up for it when the door slammed shut startling me. I immediately felt uneasy, something wasn't right someone was here, I wasn't alone anymore. My breathing hitched, I don't know why but I felt strongly the presence of someone and part of me wanted not to look... But I needed to. I quickly turned and...... 

I froze for a moment. Heart thudding harder than ever, it wasn't one of those nights when I'd think about him to relieve my pain and insomnia. I had to taking in every single bit of this moment that was until he took a step forward.

I backed away slowly......... But he followed, not getting the hint that I wanted him nowhere near me.

Or maybe he knew it.

He just wanted to provoke me

Maybe he missed me?

Christoph's POV

I watched her zone out, lost in thought but she didn't stop retreating.

she stumbled back into the shelves, and I immediately covered her as everything came crumbling down on us.

I could feel her shuddering beneath me, I pulled back slightly looking down at her and she looked up at me. Fear, innocence and tears lingered on her still very youthful visage. Her scent still as intoxicating as before. I swear it was hard to keep my hands to myself. But I had to.

I pulled away and stepped back still keeping my gaze on her. I couldn't help but notice something quite peculiar.

I took my gun out and she merely gawked at me. "What? Aren't you happy to see me?" I smirked, cocking my gun. She was nothing but fearful. I saw it, but never have I seen her this afraid of me.

"My father...... did he help you find me?" She muttered, her eyes narrowing on my gun.

"Its funny that you still consider him your father after everything he's done to you. Being a Castileo I'd expect-----"

"-----Again with this rubbish!" She fumed, charging at me. "I left, but you still aren't satisfied!"

"You hold secrets I can't let you live with." I seethed bringing the gun up to her neck. "You are a necessary piece Leilani, and I know for sure, me having you would be a threat to Neluca."

"Everything I knew I wanted to tell on that day. I thought we had established something after that night but clearly it meant nothing to you." Her tone was sharper than before, tears filled her eyes and I noticed it got hard for her to breath. "I was ready to tell you.... everything, but you only wanted to believe what you wanted to believe!" She shouted, furiously flinging her finger.

"And I tried to trust you but made it impossible for me to. You think shit is easy for me? After what I saw I had to act." I yelled, grabbing her and shaking her as I raged. "As a Don I had to do what was necessary for my mafia, if I had any other position, I could have ignored it, Leilani!" I let her go, tears streamed down her cheeks nonstop, her body remained stiff as in in shock from the vigorous movements. "You think I wanted to let the only soul that loved me go?" She gawked at me. "I'm under oath Leilani, I put the mafia before anyone, myself included and I cannot make an exception."

"Mommy?!"

A/N

Hello guys, I know I haven't written in a while, I've been busy with school but now I'm free and I'm looking forward to doing more with this story. I simply had to update this chapter because it didn't sit well with me as I didn't even know where to go from there and it made Christoph come off as a jerk. All in all, I think this one is perfect. They definitely needed to let off some steam.

I'm really excited to continue and it would be really nice and motivating if y'all not only read but voted and commented your thoughts.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it. <3<3