Chapter 14

"Would you have left if you knew how bad he was?" I froze, his tone was taut and smoky. I didn't necessarily feel like he was talking about my dad but I could be mistaken.

"Well no." He cocked his head looking at me quite surprised. "No matter how bad he is I'd never leave him because..." I inhaled. I was lying to myself, like always.

"Because?" He prompted for a response. "Because he's my dad. He wouldn't hurt me." I said quietly, wobbly, Well that's what I thought at least.

"What about you, that's if you don't mind me asking. What's your family like?" He held my gaze. A certain emotion. Pain. Fear. Anger. Hatred. I couldn't make it out but he felt something. I felt something.

He turned away gulping. "I think we should go. I have to work later." I was disappointed by the fact that he didn't wanna tell me. But I understood, opening up isn't easy.

He got up first then put his hand out to me. I took it and to my surprise he didn't let go. He held onto my hand as tightly as he could, our fingers laced together perfectly. Like it was meant to be...

I felt little tingles run up my spine. Something brewing deep within me. Until now he only ever grabbed my hand or just 'gave me a hand' but today he was holding me like I was his. 

Not to exaggerate it.... It felt nice though.

Or maybe he was doing it cause he thought I'd run away?

His bipolar behaviour concerned me.

Christoph's POV.

I knocked on her door then proceeded to open it. I slowly walked in, she faced the mirror smiling at my reflection as I stood a few feet behind her.  Her smile widened as she saw my expression through the mirror as I studied her goddess like body adorned in her beautiful Paolo Sebastian gown. She turned to me, pushing her long black hair back. She wore it down making her look even more attractive.

"You look gorgeous." She chuckled at how plainly I said it. But she knew I meant it.

"You look very good too." I smirked. I had had on a black suit jacket and trousers, a black sleek turtle neck inside. I thought of being less formal today. The only contrasting thing was my sliver rolex watch.

I withdrew a slim box of black velvet from the inside pocket of my jacket. My eyes carefully fixed on her big black irises. "Turn around." She did. I opened the box taking it out then clutching the diamond choker around her neck. she let out a light gasp. "Christoph.." It was the same on from that night. I don't know know why but I felt I had to get it.

I held her by her shoulders as she straightened her posture through the mirror. I planted a kiss on her neck and I felt her shudder a little.

"Shall we go?"

This time I had extra security, her safety was my priority. I could have chosen not to bring her with me to the charity gala but the thought of her on my arm, us side by side... It just felt right. I introduced her to a few of my colleagues and she seemed to get along nicely with the people. I had to leave her for some private discussions but I made sure she was still in sight.

"You had her with you at the carter gala too Christoph. Is there something going on?" I sipped on my champagne, watching him flash a smule as he awited my response. I honestly had no answer for that.

"It's nothing like that she's..." I shrugged. I didn't want to denigrate Leilani. I loved having her here and I wanted her to know that. "She's very close to me."

"And your brothers too, I can see." I glanced at Leilani, my mood instantly deteriorating. "Excuse me."

"What are you doing?" I fummed taking the glass of Scotch he was offering Leilani. He was pressuring her into having a drink.

"I'm keeping her company." He smiled sheepishly at Kaele. Who simply chuckled.

"Where's Demitrio and Vincent?"

"With Naluca." I needed to go but I couldn't leave Leilani alone especially not with Russ.

"You can go. And tell Naluca that I'll be there soon." He nodded taking a sip of his drink then left us.

I turned my attention to Leilani and she seemed quite disturbed. "What?" She jolted slightly her eyebrows raised as she looked up at me. "No-nothing." I took a glass of champagne from one of the waiters and handed it to her. "Would you like to try." She gave a small smile. "I know you don't drink-"

"But I'd love to try-" she cut across. Her face lit up. I handed her the glass and watched as she took her first sip of the fizz. "This is actually quite nice. It's bubbly." She said ecstatically. Her innocence was amusing, I found myself completely intrigued.

I laughed watching her take her time as she savoured her first glass ever of champagne.

"Would you like to dance?" She tucked her hair behind her ear. "Don't you have to go?" She retorted flirtatiously.

"That can wait. I want you to enjoy this." I want to enjoy this.

I wrapped my arm around her slender waist, and she placed her hands on my shoulders and we swayed slowly to the orchestra.

"I see you're on good terms with many of your colleagues. They said such good things about you."

"That because I haven't pointed guns at any of them yet." I twirled her and she hit my chest with a thud, igniting something in me.

She placed her head on my shoulder, her voice low and soothing. "I apologise."

"What for?"

"I said some bad things last night and-"

"It's okay. You weren't wrong." She looked at me woefully.

 "No one's a saint. We all sin and I made it seem like you're the biggest sinner there is."

"But I am a murderer." The music stopped. Leilani pulled back her eyes on my chest. She seemed uncomfortable, maybe I shouldn't have been too blunt. "Excuse me Kaele."

"Finally, I thought we'd have to wait a whole decade for you."

"They say good things come to those who wait Tequan." He chuckled brushing his lower lip. "Nonsense. Now where's Dante?" He steeled.

I took a seat opposite Neluca. The biggest mobster in the world. And I helped myself to a generous measure of whisky.

"What issues do you have with Dante. Neluca?" I gulped down letting it burn my throat.

"It's personal Lucciano." I shrugged.

"We'll give you Dante." Demitrio started. "In exchange for one thing."

"And what's that?" He furrowed his eyebrows. Observing, listening.

"If your mob and our mafia cooperate we could make a lot of profit. I suggest you consider a partnership lasting only ten years." Vinny put forth.

Tequan laughed hysterically. "So now my mob... is a business deal? How do I know I can trust you?"

My Mafia and his mob weren't on the best terms but working with him could be very beneficial. I could take down his little empire. Strengthening the my mafia.

"Contract." I said dryly.

I had a little technical issues with my chapters. But it's been dealt with..........

Hopefully yall enjoy this chapter.  

Please vote and share your views :)