Chapter 28

I awoke abruptly, panting. I brought my hands up to my neck, where he kept his hands. My skin dampened from sweat.

I soon realized I was in a dark room, alone. I quickly scrammed out of bed looking for a light of some sort. I immediately lit up the nightstand lamp and I gave a sigh of relief.

I turned around and screamed out my lungs, when he tightly held me and covered my mouth.

"Shhhhhh." He let out his bright blue eyes holding my gaze. "Relax." His husky voice sounded.

My eyes fell to his chest and just then I realized how close we were. I pushed him away, taking a moment to breathe.

"W-where am I?" I asked trembling.

"My apartment. You fell asleep, I didn't know where to take you so I brought you here." I nodded suspiciously, sitting back onto the bed. "Bad dream?" He asked and to that I simply nodded.

My attention turned to my arm which was properly bandaged and all, when his voice sounded, "Care to share what it was about?" A bit of a Spanish accent came through. 

I shook my head slowly taking time to analyze him "were you trying to kill yourself?"

"What-"

"-Your arm" he cut me off. I noticed you bleeding in the car so I took you to the doctor before bringing you here."

I stared at him like he didn't make any sense. How did I not get up while any of that happened? But I said nothing and nodded in agreement, "thank you." I added.

"So where are you headed exactly?" I glanced at him and shrugged. 

"Where were you living before?" I stared at the ground as I shuddered, I don't know if it was out of pain or fear. But all I was thinking at that moment was that Lucciano must never find me.

We sat in comfortable silent, he awaited an answer which never came but he didn't try and force me to speak he just nodded, "I'm Nikolas and...."

"I'm Leilani." I finished, he smirked and warmly welcomed me into his house.

'ONE MONTH LATER'

"Leilani?" I laid in bed when Fabiola walked in. "What are you doing still in bed?" Her strong Spanish accent came through.

"I'm no in the mood, Fabiola." I said wearily. I hadn't been feeling good for some days now and I didn't let Fabiola or Nikolas know, for I knew they'd be worried. It's been a month now and I felt like family even though it was just the two of them and me. Fabiola came days after I arrived, Nikolas' sister. The two were so alike but yet so different. I envied the relation they shared, why couldn't I have something like that?

"Come on Leila, are you okay, really?" I sat up, trying not to provoke my headache. 

"I'm goo-" I brought my hand to my mouth, shot out of bed and quickly ran to the bathroom. "Leilani?!" She called out from the other side of the door "Nikolas! Nikolas!" She yelled.

I let the water ran as I washed my face. The disgusting taste of vomit still present in my mouth. I walked out of the bathroom, when Nikolas came running. "What?! What's wrong?"

"Leilani isn't feeling well, and she didn't want to tell me anything."

"Well I'm sure she had her reasons." He said jokingly, Fabiola was kind of very clingy and caring, which was adorable, but sometimes irritating. And Nikolas made sure to let her know.

He walked towards me, "you good?"

"Yeah, I just felt a little nauseous."

"We can go to the doctor, I-'

'No." I yelled, almost. "I'm fine, it will subside." 

"Leilani?" The two said in unison. As I walked away from them both. In a daze of dizziness, I lost my balance as everything seemed to blur and darken.

I opened my eyes to Fabiola who was right in my face. "You're finally awake. See what you got us into now?"

I looked around the room, unable to make sense of my surroundings, "where am I?"

"We're at the hospital Leilani, you passed out." Oh I said in realisation. Was it that serious.

"Where's Nikolas?" I sat myself up. 

"He had to go..." She said, disappointed, "and I don't know when he's coming back."

I barely knew what he did for a living but it sure did keep him busy.

"The doctor called for you." A nurse came in. 

"I'll go." I said, slipping out of bed and following her.

"Miss Kaele, every seems normal although you really need to take care of yourself and your diet." He said going through my file. 

"I'll definitely do that." That was all, I just wasn't eating properly and Fabiola made it seem like something big.

"Aside from that I have some good news.... You're pregnant." I gawked at the doctor, my lips parted to protest but nothing came out.

"W-what?"

"You're pregnant Miss Kaele." I didn't know what to do, think, or say. 

I'm p-p-pregnant?!

I got up from the chair, and left the doctor's office without a word.

I was in a trans as I couldn't even here Fabiola as she called out to me.

"Leilani?" She held my arm causing me to stop, "what happened? Is everything okay?"

"I don't....... Oh my God!" I let out devastated as she put me down to sit and went back into the doctor's office.

We sat in silence. Fabiola ate while I didn't even touch my food. 

*What am I gonna do, keeping this child will forever keep me bound to Christoph and if he finds out about this he'll take my child from me and kill me.* I thought, bringing my hand to my stomach.

My mind went back to that one night, who knew that one night could do all this. Why didn't I think of all the things that could possibly happen if I slept with him? 

Maybe because I fell for his act of love. And I wouldn't have to worry 'cause I had him.

"Leilani?" I jolted in my seat, "yes?"

"Eat your food, you have to take care of yourself and your baby." I stared at her, "what?" She questioned, concerned.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"Besides, who is the father Leilani, have you even told him?"

"Um-"

"You've never even spoken about him." We went silent. 

"Leilani I know you cry when nobody's around. You might not want to tell me about it but when it hurts please open up." I shifted my tear heavy eyes to my plate. "I'm your friend through and through." She smiled sweetly and that comforted me.

I stared at her, as my mind raced, should I tell her?

"What?" She asked once more. This time fear laced in her tone and evident on her visage.

"I.... I don't think I can keep this baby."