Chapter 1- Before the Storm

A/N That's definitely not a cartoon version of Zayn...

Word count: 1027

:. Third Person .:

The day before school, in the middle of the day, Haruhi and Alex were out shopping. As they searched for food, Alex walked just behind Haruhi, levelling his head with Haruhi's ear. "Haruhi, how many people in the shops at the moment do you think I can trick?" He asked.

"Depends on how you're tricking them, and what you're tricking them into thinking or doing. Although, I think you can pull anything off successfully." The shorter of the two replied, ignoring how close the other was to her ear, picking up food and putting it in a basket.

"That we're a couple." The taller one whispered, his breath fanning over the back of Haruhi's neck. A/N I'm not good at the flirting thing so you're stuck with shitty flirting stuff. Just... Pretend it's good!

Haruhi jumped and slipped; shocked, embarrassed and blushing at the tone of his voice and the words spoken. Alex's quick reflexes kicked in and he wrapped his arms around the falling girl, holding her up as if they were dipping at the end of a slow dance. "I think we've already fooled everyone." Alex smirked as he whispered down to Haruhi. He lifted Haruhi up and they continued shopping.

Half an hour later, they bought everything they had picked up and walked home.

Alex quickly put everything away, shouting, "Dad, we're back!" Ryoji had always insisted that Alex called him 'dad', rather than his real name. He stayed home today as he was feeling quite sick. "We got some soup to help you get better!" Alex continued, putting food wherever it was supposed to go, Haruhi helping.

They made soup for Ryoji before going about their own business.

~

Alex woke up the next day. He quickly grabbed some clothes, stripped of his pyjamas and put the new clothes on. He brushed his teeth and styled his short hair into a messy quiff. He left the room to find Haruhi already up and drinking coffee. "Mornin'." He smiled and grabbed his stuff, ruffling Haruhi's hair. Haruhi grumbled a quiet 'good morning', the coffee not kicking in yet.

"C'mon, if we don't get going we'll be late for school." Alex spoke. The coffee finally kicked in and Haruhi grabbed her stuff, walking to the door.

"Bye, dad! We're going to school now!" She shouted.

"Bye, dad!"

They walked to school quietly, Alex playing with Haruhi's newly cut hair.

~

They finally reached the pink, mansion-like school.

"Your hair's all uneven. I'll have to clean it up soon, maybe after school." Alex spoke quietly.

"It's fine, I'm just gonna let it grow out anyway." Haruhi replied, finally smacking Alex's hands away from her hair.

They walked to the office and collected their time tables. Haruhi was in 1-A. Alex, however, was a year older and was in 2-A. "See you at lunch, yeah?" Haruhi asked.

"Definitely, I'll meet you at your classroom." Alex replied. They both set off, going their different ways to their different destinations.

Alex found his classroom, although he was a little late. It wasn't hard to get lost on your first day in a mansion. He knocked lightly on the door and his sensei opened it. "Who are you?" He asked with a polite tone.

"I'm the new student." He replied awkwardly. "Tadashi Alex."

"I'm Tokuda Sensei. Please, come in."

Tokuda Sensei walked back into the class and caught everyone's attention, "We have a new student joining us today. Please be kind to the honour student, Tadashi Alex." Alex walked into the classroom causing multiple girls to squeal and people of both gender to blush and/or get nose bleeds. Tokuda Sensei spoke, "Are there any questions for Tadashi-san?"

"Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?" A girl with curly, short brown hair asked.

"No." He replied quietly.

"What's your sexuality?" A guy with dyed red hair asked.

"I-I'm pansexual. That means I can b-be sexually attracted to a-anyone, no matter their gender, sex or sexuality." He stuttered slightly, blushing.

"Will you go out with me?" Someone shouted from somewhere in the class. Alex blushed furiously and replied,

"Maybe if you told me who you are and we got to know each other."

"Right, that's enough questions. Tadashi-san, you can go sit next to Suoh-san. Suoh-san, please raise your hand." Tokuda Sensei interrupted. Suoh raised his hand quickly with a grin on his face. Alex quickly and quietly walked over and sat next to Suoh as the class began.

"Hi, I'm Suoh Tamaki, call me Tamaki. It's a pleasure to meet you." Tamaki stated, practically bursting with happiness.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Tamaki-kun. I guess you can call me Alex, too." He replied with a small smile.

A boy sitting in the seat next to Tamaki suddenly spoke, "I'm Ootori Kyoya. I'm friends with Tamaki but he seems to have forgotten that." Tamaki smiled sheepishly and apologised.

"It's nice to meet you, Ootori." Alex replied, shaking hands with Kyoya.

~

Lunch time came around and Alex walked to class 1-A, seeing Haruhi sitting alone in her classroom.

"Hey, Haruhi. How's your day so far?" Alex smiled and sat next to Haruhi.

"Class was boring, nothing really happened. How about you?" She replied as she ate.

"Well, I made two friends: Tamaki Suoh and Kyoya Ootori. Other than that it was quite boring, too."

Haruhi smiled widely, "You made friends!" They both laughed.

They talked for awhile longer and ate before realising it was almost time for next class. "I'll meet you here after school and we can find a library or somewhere quiet to study, yeah?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, see you later!" Haruhi replied.

Alex left the 1-A classroom and made his way back to his own class.

He walked in to find he was the only one and quickly sat in his seat. He pulled out his sketchbook and started drawing as he waited.

A/N Sorry if this first chapter was shit, hopefully the other ones will be better!

-nobodyinparticular98