Chapter 11- Interrogations, Cake and Mariko

Word count: 1290

:. Third Person .:

Alex arrived the next day with two cakes in hand. A group of people gathered around, curious and hoping for some. "Morning everyone! I'd love to give you some cake but this is for Mitsukuni-senpai and Takashi-senpai as payment." He began walking again and the group trailed behind him.

"Payment for what?" A few of the students asked.

"They're giving me self defence lessons in exchange for cake." He explained, searching for the two third years in the halls.

"Could we come watch you practice?" One of the guys asked from behind.

"You'll have to ask Mitsukuni-senpai. Also, don't tell Kyoya, he might make you pay to watch." Alex shrugged.

"Where's Haruhi? He normally walks to school with you, right?" A girl asked from next to him.

"He's staying home today, too sick to come. Hopefully he's back tomorrow, though. We actually live together with his dad, by the way." He looked up as he spoke and noticed a pair of bright green eyes following him. He gave Gabriel a bright smile before continuing on with his search for Mitsukuni and Takashi.

He saw them up ahead in the halls and picked up speed. He quickly reached them and handed Mitsukuni the cakes. "Here you go, Mitsukuni-senpai! One strawberry cake as payment for yesterday's lesson and one chocolate mud cake as payment for next lesson." His smile was massive as he watched Mitsukuni eat a piece of the strawberry cake.

"It's amazing, Al-chan! It's so delicious! I can't wait for the next one!" Mitsukuni exclaimed, feeding Takashi a piece. His lips twitched slightly in a smile and nodded, agreeing with Mitsukuni that it was nice.

Alex thanked them and gave them quick but tight hugs. He legged it to classroom 1-A, not wanting to be late for his own class.

"Hikaru-kun, Kaoru-kun, come here for a sec." Alex requested, standing just outside of the classroom. They promptly stood up and shuffled over, greeting him with a smile. "Haruhi's sick today so I was hoping you could get whatever homework or assignments for her." He explained, a hopeful smile on his face..

"We'd be happy to as long as you answer three of our questions." They replied, standing either side of him.

"I'll answer your questions at recess, I don't wanna be late to class." He replied, waving with a smile, "Goodbye, boys, I'll see you after class!" He sprinted off down the halls to his own class without a single glance.

~

The twins came up from behind Alex and quickly pulled him into a class that seemed to solely be used as a storage room.

"When you said Kyoya was in the bathroom why were you smirking?" Hikaru immediately asked, both of them raising an eyebrow at him.

"Um, well, you know how you said he likes me? Since he is of the male sex he gets, ya know, boners and he had to take care of one." Alex explained awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck as he stared at the floor.

"Wait, wait, wait, are you saying he got a hard on because of you, or was it random?" They asked, far too curious.

"I'm possibly ninety nine percent sure it was to do with me. Anyway, moving on please!" He replied, quick to move on to a different subject.

"Who was that guy that requested you and what language were you speaking?" Kaoru asked, both of them leaning in slightly with a glare.

"His name is Gabriel, he's my friend and we were speaking English." He glared back at them, not understanding why it was so important.

"Last question: why are you getting self defence lessons from Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai?" Hikaru asked.

"I've almost gotten raped twice. I've decided to take some precautions so it doesn't happen again." He answered, quickly trying to walk out of the room.

The two grabbed his wrists simultaneously and shouted, "Twice?"

He stared at the floor silently for a moment before rambling quickly, "Y-yeah, the first time was Kiro and Shima, which you know about, and the second time isn't important at all because I know the person won't try it again. They were decent enough the first time to actually stop, not sure they were gonna go through with it in the first place, anyway." He sucked in a breath, having spoken that in one go.

The bell rang for the end of recess, distracting the twins enough for Alex to escape their grip and run to his class.

~

"Hey Gabriel! How was your day?" Alex spoke into the phone. He had no guests at the moment and had nothing to do.

"Pretty good, a bit disappointing since I couldn't hang out with you. How was your day?" Gabriel replied, both of them speaking English since everyone is always so nosy.

"I fell asleep in class at one point, but other than that it was boring. Do you wanna come to the clubroom to talk or are you busy?" He watched the other host club members absentmindedly, eyes glazed over.

"I have a ton of homework to do at the moment. Hopefully I can come tomorrow and you can text me when you've got no guests. Also, can I come see your self defence lessons? I hear some other students are as well." On the other side of the call Gabriel was sat at a table, a small stack of homework in front of him that he was hoping to finish before dinner time.

"Sounds like a good plan, and of course you can come watch! I've got a guest coming like right now so I'll talk to you tomorrow, good luck with the homework, bye!" He exclaimed.

"Goodbye!" Gabriel replied, hanging up and going back to his homework.

"What language was that?" A girl with curious brown eyes and bouncy black hair asked.

"English. You must be my next guest, Asoka, right?" He smiled up at the girl as she sat down next to him.

"It's nice to meet you, Alex. My friends talk about you and Haruhi a lot, they seem to think you're a couple or something." She laughed, but wasn't actually sure of the truth.

"People do tend to think that. I do flirt with him but he's like a brother to me, dating would be weird." Alex cringed at the thought.

"Know anyone you would want to date?" She asked, her eyes gleaming with hope. 'Please say the twins, please say the twins!' She chanted in her mind.

"Nah, I don't really have my eye on anyone at the moment. What about you? Who's stolen your heart?" He inquired, nudging her slightly with his elbow.

"Her name's Mariko." She stated, immediately beginning to panic afterwards, "Why'd I tell you that? I literally only met you today! I'm an idiot! I shouldn't have done that!" She groaned and stared glumly at Alex.

"Wait, Mariko as in the cute girl with sandy blonde hair and hazel eyes that requested me the other day, that I hopefully became friends with and also got her number?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as her face contorted from morose to surprise. She nodded and Alex chuckled. "I'm totally setting you two up soon! Gimme your number so we can plan it." They exchanged numbers and continued talking about Mariko until his next guest arrived.

A/N I hope you guys like it! Mariko is the girl from chapter ten who came just before Gabriel, if you were wondering. Does that count as foreshadowing?

By the way, if you ever see any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors please tell me so I can fix it!

-nobodyinparticular98