Chapter 18- Sleep

Word count: 393

:. Alex's POV .:

I woke up the next morning, something furry tickling my nose. Hands tightened around my chest and I realised Gabriel and I were spooning. I opened my eyes, blinking, until my eyes adjusted to the dark. I smiled brightly as I saw the two kittens in front of my face. I slipped one of my arms out of Gabriel's grip and stroked the kittens.

"Alex..." Gabriel mumbled, grip tightening slightly.

"Yeah?" I replied in a whisper, kissing the black cat on the nose.

"Alex..." He mumbled again.

My eyebrows drew together in confusion, and I slowly turned my head. With a ton of effort, I was able to face Gabriel properly. I stared at him intently before poking his cheek. He snored. He was saying my name in his sleep. That's weird.

"Alex... You're so hot..."

My eyes widened and I poked him in the cheek again.

"Kiss my lips... Not my cheek..." He muttered, puckering his lips slightly.

I snorted, trying to hold in my laughter. A small meow from behind me helped calm me down, for some strange reason. I laughed quietly and poked his lips.

"Much better..."

At that, I burst out laughing. I covered my mouth in an attempt to smother the noise, but to no avail. His eyes slowly opened and he rubbed them groggily, finally releasing me from his grip. He stared at me for a moment, taking in my shaking form and the laughter leaving my lips, slowly registering what just happened.

"Did I...? Was I just...? Was I saying your name in my sleep...?" He asked, cheeks flushing red.

"Yes, you most definitely were. You were also talking about me kissing you, ring any bells?" I laughed as he groaned.

"Oh, God, I'm sorry. You shouldn't have heard that." He apologised, burying his face in his pillow.

"It's all good, mate. You did get me two kittens, so..." I quickly rolled over, grabbed the kittens and rolled back. I placed one on his face and hugged one to my chest. "We really should name them, ya know."

A/N Very short chapter, I know! Please comment what you think the kittens' names should be! I have literally no idea, I'm terrible at naming things, including characters. Also, should I do my maths homework tonight or actually get some sleep?

-nobodyinparticular98