Chapter 2

"Tell me more about that Veronica" Jughead smirks and looks down to Archie who lies on a mattress next to his bed.

"She's so beautiful Jug. Her hair is soft and shiny. Her eyes have that spark in them and she smells so good" Archie sighs "that kiss was amazing but sadly I'm never going to see her again"

"Why?"

"Because she's a north sider. Rich and pretty and she's a year younger than me. Why would she date me? It's over as soon as she knows where I'm from."

"Next time you see her, just ask her. Just because she's from the north side doesn't mean she's a bitch just like we're not criminals even though we're from the south side"

"Yeah" Archie mumbles. He stares up at the ceiling of his best friends trailer. They have been neighbors for as longs as he can think. His parents never had much but they still tried to give Archie everything he needed and one thing they had a lot of, was love. "Isn't that handout thing this afternoon?"

"Yeah" Jughead groans. "A bunch of rich north siders who think they make the world a better place when they give food and old clothes away"

"I think it's nice. Some have even less than we do Jug. Some actually need it."

"I guess you're right" he mumbles as he gets up to get ready for the day.

•••

"Tell me more about that cutie you kissed last night" Betty giggles as she looks over to her friend. Veronica stayed at Betty's after the party and as best friends do, they shared a bed so no one would have to sleep on the ground.

"Oh my goodness Betty, he's hot and soo cute. He was super nervous which obviously only makes him cuter and he has those beautiful loving eyes and that kiss... oh my, it was by far the best kiss I've ever had"

Betty giggles "that sounds like more than just a flirt V. Sounds like you fell in loooove"

"I always believed in love at first sight. Well for me it was love at first kiss. I need to see him again. I need to kiss him again. I need him to put his hands on my waist again. Betty, the way he held me gave me so many butterflies"

"I'm here to help you find your prince, right after the charity event"

Veronica groans and pulls the blanket over her head. "Why did we agree to this? No why did we go out the night before?"

"Because we like to help and we like to have fun"

"Is this why you didn't want to drink?" Veronica mumbles.

"Maybe" Betty giggles as she gets up and pulls the blanket off the bed in the process.

•••

Taking the trash out is definitely one of the things Jughead hates the most but today is different. There are a lot of north siders in the neighborhood who help set up little tables with all kids of things. Two of the girls seem familiar to him. It's Veronica and her pretty friend. He drops the garbage next to the garbage cans and looks at some things on the tables close to the girls.

"Still thinking about him?" Betty giggles as she hands her friend and tray with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"Yes" Veronica whines. "He was so cute. How am I supposed to stop thinking about him. I've been single for so long. He has more than just potential to be my boo"

"I feel you V. I wish I had someone"

Jughead smirks. He turns around and quickly walks back to his trailer. He opens the door swiftly with a wide smile on his lips. "She's here today, Veronica. You need to talk to her, now bro"

"She's here? I don't know if I can. What am I even supposed to say?"

"Bro just ask her out!"

"Me?" Archie says with his eyebrow raised. "Why would she go out with me? She's beautiful and rich. She probably has a good looking north sider boyfriend and she probably won't even like me. Before we kissed she said 'I usually don't do this but I'm drunk'"

"I overheard a conversation she had with her pretty friend. They're both single and she does like you a lot. Hell you guys kissed at that party. Right there is another reason to believe she's single"

"She only kissed me because she didn't know I'm from the south side. I don't have anything to offer her. She deserves better. She can never know I'm from this side of the town"

"You're too dramatic Archie" Jughead groans and rolls his eyes. "Just ask her. What do you have to lose?"

"Nothing" he mumbles. "Just my last little bit of hope to find a girl"

"Dramatic Archie, dramatic" Jughead says. He opens the door of his trailer pulls Archie outside and then yells into the girls direction "Veronica!"

She turns around. Her eyebrows are furrowed but she still seems nice and friendly and to Archie she's still the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. A smile spreads on Veronica's face when she sees the boy with the red hair. She grabs her blond friend's hand and pulls her towards the boys.

"Hi Archie! I didn't know you're helping out too today"

Jughead pats Archie's back before he goes back inside the trailer. "I'm not" he mumbles "I'm visiting my friend Jug"

"You have a south sider friend? I'm not judging but how did you meet?"

"Archie stares down to the floor. He can't look into her beautiful dark brown eyes. "We've been best friends since kindergarten. I'm a south sider"

"What?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just really liked you and I thought you might not want to talk to me if you knew who I am or where I'm from"

Veronica looks at Betty. The blond girl nods. She turns around and walks to the other helpers.

"Archie I'm not that kind of person. I don't care about north and south or rich and poor or whatever. I want to get to know the person and it hurts me that you think I would decide if I liked you or not depending on how much money you have" she turns around to leave but Archie grabs her hand and pulls her back.
"Wait!" he says and is suddenly closer to her than before. "Please don't go. Give me another chance. I— I can — I will— well to be honest I don't have anything I can offer to you but myself"

"That's all I'm asking for" Veronica smiles. She places her hands on his chest, gets on her tiptoes and kisses his cheek. "That's all I'm asking for"

Archie's cheek blush deeply. No girl ever showed interest in him like that. His heart beats fast.

"Um do you have a phone?" Veronica asks carefully. She doesn't want to sound rude but doesn't want to assume anything either.

Archie nods "yeah. It's old but it works" he pulls it out of his pocket and hands it to Veronica. It's an old iPhone with a cracked screen . It was his cousin's but she handed it down to him and he was very grateful for that. Veronica smiles and takes it out of his hands. She types in her number before she hands the phone back. "Text me as soon as you're ready for a date"

Archie nods eagerly. The wide smile on his face makes Veronica laugh. "Well then, see you soon Archie" she says and turns around. As she reaches her friends her phone buzzes. It's a text from Archie.

*What about tomorrow? I can pick you up at 7:00*

Veronica turns around. Archie still stands in front of the trailer with his phone in his hands and a smile on his face, staring back at her.

"Yes!" she yells. Archie holds his thumb up then starts typing again.
*Perfect. I can't wait to see you again*