Chapter 11

~two months later~

Veronica grabs Archie's shirt from the floor and puts it on before she cuddles back into his arms. Archie kisses her forehead.

"You are the bestest girlfriend in the world"

"Bestest?" Veronica giggles "how old are you?"

"It made you laugh. So I did my job"

"It did" she smirks "I don't want to rush you but you should probably put on some clothes. One, because if my dad come in and you're not wearing any clothes he will absolutely kill you and two, if you wear clothes and he comes in you can quickly climb out the window"

Archie groans "that makes sense I guess. Can I come back in bed with you after and cuddle you?"

"Get in my bed with your dirty clothes that you wore outside?"

"Please baby" Archie begs. He pulls Veronica close and gently places little kisses all over her face.

"Fine, I need to wash my bed sheets anyway but I won't take your shirt off! I have some more of yours in my closet. Take one of those"

"Deal" he chuckles

Veronica has never seen Archie get out of bed so fast. He puts his clothes back on and then jumps into the bed. "Kiss me!" he smirks as he pulls her back into his arms. Veronica does. Archie's hands slowly travel down her side to her hips and then back up underneath the shirt. "Archie no" she giggles.

"But we just did it and we were fine"

"We're playing with fire Archiekins. My parents are up now"

Archie laughs. He brushes a strand of hair out of her face, then gently kisses her.
"Can I ask you something Love?"

"Sure" Veronica nods

"So you know I'll graduate next month. Like everyone else, we're going to have a senior prom and I was wondering if you want to go to my prom with me?"

"Are you serious?" Veronica asks with a smile. "Of course but I want you to ask me more romantically"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you know, flowers, nice words, come up with something"

"Deal but you will say yes for sure right?"

Veronica giggles. She cups Archie's cheeks and stares into his eyes "Archie, sweetheart, you're my boyfriend, I love you, why would I say no"

"I don't know" he shrugs "maybe you don't want to go to senior prom with me"

"I do" Veronica smiles. "We're going to go to two senior proms. Yours and mine. How cool is that"

"Pretty cool" Archie chuckles.

"I really don't want to kick you out" Veronica sighs "but my parents could walk in here any second. I think you should leave"

Archie groans. He squeezes Veronica close to him with his eyes shut. "I don't want to leave you" he mumbles. "You said I can cuddle you"

"I know and it's not like I want you to leave but my parents and I are going to a family lunch today. I really don't want to go but I don't have a choice"

"It's okay Ronnie. I promise you one day we won't have to hide and we'll have everything you've ever dreamt of"

Veronica smiles. She runs her fingers through his hair. Her fingers gently scratches his scalp. He loves that. "I love you Archie, very much"

Archie smiles widely. He cups her cheeks and kisses her with all the love in his heart. "What are doing tomorrow?"

"No plans yet".

"Then you have some now. I'll text you"

Veronica smiles. Her cheeks blush. She cups his cheeks and pulls his face down to her so she can kiss him again. "Okay" she whispers

Archie smirks. His eyes have that glimmer in them that gives Veronica butterflies. Their stare is interrupted by steps coming closer to Veronica's bedroom.
Archie runs to the window and blows Veronica a kiss
"See you tomorrow babe. I love you" and with that he climbs outside and disappears.

Just the second he's out Hiram comes in. "Good morning mija. I'm gonna go to the store. Do you need anything?"

"No but thank you" she smiles

Hiram doesn't say anything but he smiles at her while he closes the door again.

The smile on Veronica's face disappears. She's worried, very very worried. Her period is late and not just a couple days. It's two weeks. Plus, she was so busy with school that she doesn't even remember if she had her period last month or not.
She sighs while she squeezes her eyes shut. She knows what do to but she's scared. With tears forming in her eyes, she calls her best friend. She needs to come over. Veronica needs to know before she goes to the family lunch.