Chapter 10

Archie is finally out of the hospital. He's home and Veronica hasn't left his side since. Mary is incredibly grateful her son has someone who loves him and takes care of him.
Archie still lies in bed most of the time. His wounds healed, most of his bruises are almost gone. Just a small scar between his eyebrows still reminds of the accident.

"Here you go lover" Veronica says as she places an ice pack on his ribs.

"Thanks Ronnie"

"How are you?"

"Better, it still hurts but not as much as it did before"

Veronica places her hand on his cheek and gently caresses his skin with her thumb. She smiles softly before she leans in and kisses him.

"Thanks for taking care of me Ronnie"

"Of course. That's what girlfriends are for"

She leans in again but a knock against Archie's bedroom door interrupts them.

"Come in mom" Archie chuckles.

"I'm sorry kids, I just want to let you know I'm meeting a friend tonight so you're on your own for a while since Archie's dad comes home tomorrow from his business trip"

"Oh don't worry Mary. I'll take care of him" Veronica giggles.

Mary smiles "I know honey, thank you" she says before she leaves.

With a quiet wince of pain Archie sits up, moves to the edge of the bed and pats the space next to him "come here and open the drawer of my nightstand" Archie smirks

Veronica furrows her eyebrows but does what Archie asked her to do. Her eyes widen when she sees a little box with a bow on top.

"What's that?"

"A little thank you. My friend Jug picked it up for me but I chose it and I also paid... obviously"

"A thank you for what?"

"For taking care of me and for being the most awesome girlfriend ever"

"You're so sweet Archiekins. You didn't have you"

"I know but I wanted to"

Veronica giggles. She slowly opens the box and gasps when she sees a beautiful necklace inside with a small heart shaped locked"

"Archiekins" she whispers "this is beautiful"

"I'm glad you like it. I saved my money for weeks"

Tears roll down Veronica's cheeks. "This is so sweet but you don't have to spend your money on me"

Archie shrugs "I see it as an investment in my future but okay"

"You can't buy the way into my heart Sir." Veronica smirks. Archie lifts her chin with his fingers and stares into her eyes. It makes her cheeks flush. "I already have your heart baby, you know that. I'm just making sure I can keep it. You're mine!"

"All yours Mr. Andrews" she whispers with a smile on her lips.

She leans in but Archie puts his finger on her lips
"Put on the necklace babe!"

"Can you help me put it on?"

"I'd love to" Archie smiles. He takes the necklace out of the box and puts it on Veronica. His finger trips travel over her skin. It sends shiver down Veronica's spine. Archie gently grabs her chin and turns her head to him so he can look at her face. "It looks perfect on you" he smiles "my beautiful girl"

"I love you" Veronica whispers. She wraps her arms around his neck and leans her forehead against his.

Archie pulls Veronica on his lap. Their facing each other, with their foreheads still touching. "You're everything to me" he whispers against her lips. He pulls her as close as he can before he starts kissing her. Veronica's hands move from around his neck to his cheeks. They get lost in the feeling of each other. They have been dating for a couple months now and they have made out before but this time is different.

Veronica slowly pulls away from the kisses. Her hands rest on his chest now.
"I want you Archie" she whispers. She can feel the excitement in her stomach. Archie's hands hold on tightly to her waist. She's as close to him as she can be. Her fingers run down his chest to his belt. She opens it but then takes his shirt off first.

"Ronnie" he whispers back "I love you and you're so unbelievably hot but I have never done this before remember?"

"Are — Are you not ready?" she asks as she leans back a little to look into his eyes but Archie pulls her back. "I am. I so am but what if I'm not good enough"

"Archiekins you're gonna be great. I'll tell you what I like and you can tell me what you want me to do"
She says it so casually that Archie doesn't even feel embarrassed to talk about it. "What do you like babe" he whispers into her ear. It gives Veronica chills. She bites her lip to keep herself from smiling.

"Don't you think I'm a little too dressed?"

Archie chuckles. He runs his fingers under her shirt and keeps his hands on her waist for a minute before he pulls her shit off. He lets himself fall on his back, Veronica falls on top of him. Archie squeezes his eyes shut and groans quietly.

"Oh I'm so sorry Archiekins" Veronica says and quickly sits up. Her fingers gently run over the bruises on his ribs. "Maybe we shouldn't—"

"It's okay, I'm okay. I just forgot about it for a second. Come here" he smirks while his hands reach for her face.

"I don't want to hurt you" she says as she shakes her head.

Archie sits up. He pulls her face closer and kisses her. "I'll be fine"

"Promise you'll tell me when I'm hurting you?"

"Promise"

"Okay" Veronica whispers with a smile. He lets himself fall on the bed again with Veronica on top of him. He wraps his arms around her waist and flips them over so he is on top of her.
One of his hands is still on her waist. With his other he keeps himself up a little. He doesn't want to squish Veronica. His lips never left hers.