Chapter 6

Two months went by quickly. Veronica and Archie are deeply in love and inseparable. They spend most of their time at Archie's place or they go out. Even though Veronica doesn't like the south sider/ north sider thinking, her parents are very proud north siders and especially her father can't stand 'the south side trash'. She's scared her dad could hurt Archie in any way but he really wants to meet her parents so one day she will have to take a deep breath and take the risk.
She likes to ignore that thought often and just live in the moment, like now. Archie is laying on his bed and watches a football game. She lies on top of him with a wide smile on her face. His arms are around her. His calm breathing and his steady heartbeat makes her feel so safe. Her eyes are closed. Like said, she loves to live in the moment.

"Babe? Can I get up? I'm hungry"

"No, too comfy" she smiles.

"But Babe—" Archie whines. "Come on"

"Can't you wait? I love cuddling you. You're my favorite cuddle buddy"

"You're clingy" Archie chuckles as his grip around her tightens. A gentle kiss to the top of her head, makes Veronica smile even more but she doesn't want Archie to know.
"Deal with it" she mumbles.

"I never said I don't like it. Clingy girlfriends are cute. My clingy girlfriend is cute"

"Your girlfriend is the cutest" Veronica agrees. She is clingy. She knows that and she knows that some people can't handle that. It broke her heart when her first boyfriend dumped her because 'he didn't have enough space to breathe'. She's not that terrible. She just deals with a lot of self doubt and insecurities. She never had a loving childhood. Her parents were busy and her dad had very high expectations. She never seemed to be good enough. All she needs now is someone who makes her feel loved, safe, protected. Someone with patience who accepts her for who she is. She knows that the longer the relationship will last, the more she trusts, the less clingy she will become but now all she wants is hugs and cuddles and attention. Some days are better than other but the child in her needs the love and Archie knows without knowing her past, yet.

Archie moves his hand from her waist to her butt and pushes her body further up. He can't see the wide smile on her face but he can feel how she wraps her arms around him even tighter.

"But I am hungry Ronnie. So can you let go or do you want to come with?"

"Come with" she giggles.

"Okay" he sighs as he sits up swiftly. The wide smile on Veronica's face becomes even wider. She rests her head on his shoulder. Her legs are around his waist. Archie's arms are around her as he walks into the kitchen. "Are you hungry too?"

"No" Veronica mumbles.

"Are you sure? I'm not sharing my food"

"You and I both know you will"

"I'll just make you something and if you don't eat it, I will"

"Sounds like a plan"

Archie bites his bottom lip. "Baby, how about a milkshake after the game?— with my friends. We've been dating for two months and you haven't met my friends yet. They want to get to know you"

"Really?"

"Yeah" Archie chuckles "you sound surprised. I tell my friends about you all the time so of course they want to get to know you"

"Okay, then lets have some milkshakes with them" she whispers before she presses a loving kiss right under his ear.

~~~

Veronica's a little nervous when she walks into the diner. She's holding on tightly to Archie's hand.

"Don't worry babe. They won't bite and even if, you have me to protect you!"

Veronica smiles at him but doesn't say anything. He smiles back. He already saw his friends in a booth and is walking towards them now.

"Guys!" He says as he's close enough. "This is my girlfriend Veronica. Ronnie these two are my best friends, Jughead and Toni"

"I've seen you before" Veronica smiles as she lays her hand in Jughead's to shake it.

"I was your boy's date at the party but I think he found a replacement for me"

"Oh yeah. I remember now" she nods "well it's nice to meet you. And you too" she says as she turn to Toni.

"Nice to meet you V. We've heard a lot, and I mean a lot about you. You look gorgeous by the way. I didn't think Archie could land someone like you" Toni smiles

"Thank you. That's so sweet" Veronica giggles.

"Don't be jealous Toni. You'll find a girl as beautiful as mine"

"Before you get confused" Toni starts when she sees the look on Veronica's face "I'm gay"

"Oh okay" Veronica smiles "that makes sense now"

"Yeah, hands to yourself Topaz" Archie frowns and wraps his arm a little tighter around Veronica. Toni laughs. She knows Archie is only joking. She actually thinks it's very cute how protective her friend is of Veronica. He has never seen him like that.
With a smile she gestures to the booth. Veronica and Archie sit on one side and Toni and Jughead across from them.

Veronica feels very comfortable around them from the very first second. She was afraid they might judge her or don't like her because she's from the north but they are actually very sweet, especially Toni. Archie's arm is around her waist the entire time. She likes the feeling a lot.
She enjoys her chocolate milkshake and every now and then takes a sip of Archie's strawberry one. He doesn't even say anything. He simply shares.

Veronica doesn't know that Archie didn't eat lunch yesterday because he saved his lunch money to take Veronica out on a milkshake date today. He was starving yesterday but the smile on Veronica's face makes everything worth it.

"I need to use the restroom real quick before we leave" Veronica smiles. She kisses Archie's cheek, then gets up and leaves the booth.
Archie's eyes linger on her. His cheeks blush. Jughead's laughs brings him back to reality.
"Oh man you're so head over heels into her. She's got you wrapped around her finger" he says

"I am and she has. She owns my heart. I never felt this way before. She's so — so perfect"

"Oh that's so cute Archie. We're happy you are happy. She's such a sweetheart and not at all what I pictured when you said she's from the north"

"Right" Jughead chuckles "she's actually likable and not a dickhead like most north siders"

"Don't ever say that in front of her bro" Archie says in a serious tone. He doesn't want to make it seem like a big deal but he doesn't want Veronica to think his friends don't like her.

"Don't worry dude, I won't" Jughead chuckles. "I like getting on your nerves. She didn't do anything"

"Good" he nods "I really like her and I don't want to screw this up"

"You won't Archie. Just be yourself. If she's right for you she's gonna like you for who you are" Toni smiles.
Archie takes a deep breath and leans back. He nods. Toni is right. Veronica has to like him for who he is. He's just scared of losing her. He doesn't know if he's ready to admit this to himself and definitely not ready to tell her but he thinks he's in love with Veronica. With her beautiful dark brown eyes, her smile, the way he hugs him and kisses him. The world seems so perfect when she's with him. He's happy.