Chapter 25

It's been a couple weeks since Archie published his second album. His career is really taking off.
Proudly we walks into the living room with a Pop's bag filled with breakfast. In his other hand, he holds a bouquet of roses for Veronica.

"Pop's breakfast?" Daisy squeals "this already is the best day ever! Are the flowers for mommy?"

"They are lovey"

"Aww" the girl smiles as she interlaces her hands. "Because you love her?"

"Yes" Archie laughs "I figured you would like chocolate milk better than flowers"

Daisy excitedly jumps up and down. She claps her hands and jumps into the dining room.

Archie smiles widely when he feels a pair of arms wrap around him from behind. "Did you say Pop's breakfast?"

"Mhm" he smirks "and flowers for my girl"

"You're so cute"

"I might have another surprise" he says as he turns around. He wraps his arms around her waist with the bag and the flowers still in his hands.
"Remember how you used to daydream about a bigger house lately? I found a house that would be perfect for us and if you like it, I'll buy it"

"Oh my goodness Archie, I can't let you do this. I can't let you buy a house for us all by yourself"

"Ronnie, you loved me when I had absolutely nothing. You loved me for me and now it's my time to treat you the way I always wanted to. I want to give you the perfect life. Our perfect life and that includes a nice house with a yard"

"Archie—"

"I'm doing this for our daughter too. I want her to have her own room, a bigger one, and a yard where she can play and if we want more kids we need more space"

"Archie!"

"Huh?"

"Thank you. I love you"

"I love you too babe" he smiles "Do you want to go see it?"

"Right now?"

Archie nods. "Well, let's eat first and then put our daughter in the car, drive over there, look at it so you can see if you like it and then we can go to Pop's for lunch"

"Pop's for breakfast and lunch?" Veronica laughs.

"Yeah! Where's the problem? I mean we could come home and cook too"

"No thank you" Veronica smiles as she gets on her tiptoes to peck his lips.

•••

Veronica is amazed by the beautiful house. It's exactly what she wanted. Daisy can have a bigger room. She's in love with master bedroom and bathroom. The house has five bedrooms total. So enough room for two more kids and a guest room. From what she has seen, the yard is beautiful too. She always wanted her kids to have a tree house and a swing set, maybe even a sandbox. They could have chickens or ducks or something like that. Her stomach tingles. She never thought she'd be lucky enough to live a life like this. A loving partner, a sweet child, a nice house, pets. It always sounded like a fairytale to her especially because she never experienced much love or pets or family time in her childhood. She's glad she can give her daughter everything she never had.
With Daisy's and Archie's hands in hers, they walk outside to look at the back yard. An excited scream leaves the little girl's mouth.

"A pool!" she squeals and runs to the water with excitement. "And a slide! Mommy, daddy, the pool has a slide! This is so cool"

"This is pretty cool" Veronica smiles.

"Can you imagine us sitting by the pool, with our feet in the water while our kids play and go down the slide"

Veronica closes her eyes and leans into his chest. "It sounds so amazing but this house is expensive"

"Love, don't worry about that. Do you like this house?"

Veronica nods slowly while she opens her eyes. "It's beautiful and it's closer to Daisy's school"

"Then this is our house now. We can sign contracts tomorrow and move in whenever we're ready"

"Archiekins—"

"Hey munchkin!" Archie yells over to his daughter who still admires the water slide. The girl turns around to face her parents. "Do you like this house?"

"Yes!" Daisy squeals. "I love it!"

"Do you want to go play in the pool tomorrow?"

"Yes!" Daisy screams. She runs over to her parents and wraps her arms tightly around their legs. "Can we bring floaties?"

"Mi amor I don't know where any of our floaties are"

"No problem, daddy will buy new ones" Archie smiles and squeezes Veronica closer.

"Stop spoiling her so much" Veronica laughs but Archie just shakes his head "never!"