Chapter 25: A Celebration is in Order

With wide eyes, Oriana screamed in fright, having been startled from her sleep. It took her a second to calm down as she looked at Celsy, who was shaking in anger. 

"CELSY! You scared me half to death! What is the -?" She started to ask, but she stopped. She knew what was wrong and threw the blanket over Donovan as she scurried to the edge of the bed to grab one to wrap around herself. Her face was scarlet. They'd been caught in a very compromising position.

"You!" Celsy's eyes were narrowed at Donovan in a deep, seething anger. 

She would head to the hearth and grab the fire poker. Coming over, she intended on striking the man dead. Donovan didn't look very happy about being rudely awakened either; he was certain her screams had attracted others. To prevent other unwanted guests, he put up a barrier on the door and in the hall. That way, no one else would come in and see what had happened. His large hand gripped the fire iron easily, able to keep the small, angry woman from attempting to kill him.

"You've taken her purity and spit in our faces with this heinous display. Is this what really happened! Did you two use the chaos of the attack in Asra to sneak off and..."

Oriana interrupted Celsy quickly "He didn't sully anything. I gave it to him!" That was what had happened. "It was pure and beautiful," she gushed. "Donovan found me after I had been kidnapped and swooped in to save me!" she continued as she looked at Donovan with a sweet, warm smile. The iron dropped from Celsy's grip, which prompted Donovan to let go as well. The poker dropped noisily on the stone ground, deformed from Donovan's powerful grip.

"He enchanted you! He used his magic and made you feel phenomenal. "

"He doesn't need to use magic, but it does enhance..." She stopped her sentence short, feeling her cheeks burning. Celsy blushed too and would take Oriana by the shoulders and pull her away from Donovan.

"You poor, sweet child!" she cried out. "Bewitched by this monster! I'm happy you're safe. But to find your mind in such a state!"

"He's not a monster; he's my savior." Oriana grumbled, her face buried in Celsy's chest by the older woman really holding onto her.

"Are you sure? I saw what was between his legs. How are you even able to stand?" she asked quietly.

"Balance," Oriana teased. "I'm fine, Celsy. But we need to keep this quiet. You're going to get us all into trouble," she reminded her.

"No, it will just get Donovan." Celsy tried to argue before Oriana interrupted her.

"It won't. My kingdom would suffer greatly. We need to keep this quiet. We should be more concerned about the details regarding my kidnapping." Putting her hand on Celsy's shoulder, Oriana gave her a soft smile. "Will you please keep my secret, especially from Killian?" she asked her.

"Of course! I wouldn't let anything happen to you. What in the name of Asorath happened in Asra? You two have been missing for days! Who kidnapped you!?"

"I will tell you everything. But let's wait for Killian. It's a long story, and I would prefer to only tell it once."

"Fine, we can wait," Celsy replied.

"Will you support us?" Oriana asked. That had Celsy shaking her head.

"Oriana, one night is fine, I guess. However, you cannot have a relationship with that man." Celsy replied.

Oriana frowned before saying, "Celsy, I want to be with him. I care about him."

Shaking her head, Celsy replied, "If word ever got out that you were having a relationship with a mage, Medeis would not sit idly by. They would send their grand mages in to end it. You can't hide that look of love on your face!"