Epilogue: A trip to Dymoria

A few weeks had passed since Donovan's knighting. Sitting at his desk was the King of Dymoria, Gerald Dymor. His dark brown hair shone in the sunlight that was coming through the windows, exposing the bits of gray that were littered throughout. Sifting through papers and reading through letters, the overzealous king was hyper-focused on the job before him. 

"My, my. How mean of you not to accept the invitation to Barough's first knighting?" A playful voice sounded out from the window. Looking over with his deep blue eyes, Gerald smiled.

"It didn't come until too late, so I wasn't able to make it. I made sure to send a letter and a small gift." Gerald replied to the red-haired woman sitting on the windowsill of his study.

"Is the great human King Gerald Dymor too busy to attend noble gatherings?" she teased.

"Come on, Sirona, give me a break. You know how things are right now. The cult is growing in power. Our allies are becoming less responsive and more isolated. I think something more is going on. This news from Barough that Winter Haven has aligned themselves with Beelzebub was troubling. Not to mention they were responsible for Felix's death, which was the most disturbing. He was a good friend." Gerald replied to Sirona.

Sirona let out a sigh before saying, "I agree. The cult no doubt has a plan in motion and is attempting to be careful not to let it slip. As I travel around healing, I find more and more of the cult. Their evil ways are spreading faster than we can stop them."

Gerald nodded. "I heard they made a move on Barough."

"They did. Luckily, I was able to help the new courtmage get the princess back."

"That was very kind of you. I was ready to send Barough support if they needed it." Gerald said.

"Speaking of the Barough family, guess who has fallen in love with Oriana?" Sirona had a big smile on her face.

Gerald raised an eyebrow and asked, "Who?"

"My little brother," Sirona replied with a smirk. A big smile came over Gerald's face. His well-trimmed beard moved along with his lips.

"Does she return his feelings?" Gerald asked. Sirona nodded to him. Gerald let out a joyful laugh. "I would never have guessed that he would fall for a human, but it seems fate has smiled upon us!" Gerald replied. Sirona hopped off the windowsill and approached Gerald until they stood before one another. Their fingers intertwined together as they looked into each other's eyes.

"They could change Lanoria. Make things the way we always dreamed of." Sirona's eyes sparkled. Gerald nodded, moving one of his hands to Sirona's cheek.

"Yes, they could." King Gerald replied before he leaned in to kiss her deeply and lovingly. Sirona happily returned the kiss. After a moment, they broke the kiss.

"He is her courtmage and the Princess's first knight of Barough."

Gerald tilted his head curiously and asked, "Really? Now I wish I would have gone."

"They are actually on a little date right now in your city," Sirona said. "Though I believe they are dressed as commoners, so they won't be disturbed."

Gerald chuckled, "A little honeymoon for the new lovers?"

Sirona giggled "Seems that way."

"Then let's not disturb them."

"You know, love, Florel is having another ball soon. Why don't you go and visit your good friend Rylan? Oriana and my little brother will be there as well." Gerald groaned at Sirona's suggestion. Sirona giggled, "What? Don't you want to see my little brother and his new girlfriend?"

Shaking his head, Gerald said, "That's not it, you know, Rylan. He doesn't know about us. Every time I go to one of his parties, the man is trying to throw women at me. Even once, a man."

"Do you get lonely since I am gone so much, my love?" Sirona teased.

Gerald smiled and said, "No amount of loneliness could ever make me want to be with anyone but you, my queen." That was when the door quickly swung open. Two crimson-haired children then ran into the room.

"Momma! You're back! I saw Vita flying through the air and came running!" The boy shouted.

"Momma, did you bring us any presents from your travels?" The little girl asked. Sirona crouched down and hugged her two children tightly.

"Of course, Momma brought you both some presents from around Lanoria!" Sirona replied, holding her children.

The girl looked up at her mother and asked, "How long before you go, Momma?"

Sirona smiled and replied, "I will be staying for a few days this time." A huge smile came over the little girl's face.

"That is wonderful, Momma! I can show you how my magic is coming along." The girl squealed happily.

Nodding, Sirona replied, "I cannot wait for you to show me! Now let's go have some lunch as a family! I am sure your father is getting hungry after working in his study for so long." With that, Gerald and Sirona went off to have lunch with the children they had secretly conceived together.