Stranger

Suggested listening: Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes

After the meeting ended, Hwoarang went out the door to lit up a cigarette. He wasn't ready to join in fully with the others, not yet anyways, and he needed to be alone for some minutes after his emotional speech. But he didn't remain alone for long.

-Are you looking to join Smokers Anonymous too?

-Not really. I only smoke when I drink, or when I'm stressed. Or both. And I'm trying to strike out the first reason, so...

-Relax, I'm joking. I'm Megan. You're... Hwoarang, right? Great speech you gave in there. I'm sorry about your mother. And all the rest, too.

The Korean shrugged his shoulders. -History. I'm trying to concentrate on the here and now.

-People like you usually have something which drives them to these meetings. What's yours?

-There's no people like me, Megan.- he smirked. -But you're right. Love is what drove me here. A bit cliché, for sure, but the truth.

-And what's the lucky girl's name?

-Girl? His shoulders are broader than mine. His name is Jin.

-Sorry, you didn't strike me as the gay type.

-I'll bring a rainbow flag at the next meeting. And wear some mascara, too. By the way, I'm bisexual.

-Defensive much, Hwoarang?

-I don't like people, especially ones I don't know, assuming stuff about me and thinking in stereotypes. I don't suppose that makes me defensive, but think whatever you like. Why did you even come here to talk, Megan?

-Because I find you interesting. And because we're the only non-Japanese people in there, I thought we'd connect.

-Strange way you have to connect with people. I suggest you may change your strategy.

-My opening line was lit, though. Admit it.

Hwoarang laughed and finished his cigarette. -I'm going inside now. People to meet.

-You don't like me, do you?

-I still have to decide. But I like your odds.- he smiled, and went back inside.

//

Hwoarang closed the door gently, thinking maybe Jin could be asleep already. But once he stepped into the living room, he was basically assaulted by the young Japanese.

-How was your first meeting? If you want to talk about it of course.

-Hey, you startled me. I thought you were sleeping already, it's late. Anyway, it was good. I presented myself, I told them how I got into this mess and why I am going to the meetings... they were all welcoming and warm with me. Then there was this strange gal, Megan, who tried to bond with me in all the wrong ways. I think she's a bit odd, that makes her interesting, though.

-Are you sure it's healthy to create friendships with other alcoholics? I mean, can't it... drag you down with them, if down they go?

-Apprehensive much? I love you, Jin. I don't know, I'll ask the counselor, maybe, if you're worried. To me, they're just... people. With a problem, but people. I wouldn't want to be stigmatised for it, so I'm trying to have the same courtesy for the others.

-Maybe you're right. I still don't know how this world works, and I worry too much. As usual.

-Come here.

Hwoarang put his hands on Jin's belt, and laid his temple on Jin's. He rubbed his nose against his and smiled. The Japanese smiled too, looking Hwoarang directly in the eyes. His dull one still made Jin hurt, but it also reminded him of how it all started between them. It was a bittersweet memory.

-What are you thinking of, dark guy?- teased Hwoarang.

-Of how far we've come. How much we've lived and done. How much we've overcome together. It's all been intense to say the least. And now we're here. Together, again.

-Together, still. I'd say we are kind of remarkable... in many ways, if you know what I mean.

They laughed, and then, the laughter became a kiss, slow and timid at first, then passionate and long, breath-taking.

-I think we should go easy here. I'm having some kind of reaction down under, and it's already late, and I really think we should go to bed.- Hwoarang smiled and looked at the bulge in his pants. Jin laughed again, kissing him for a last time.

-Same problem. Cold showers before bed for both. Or we could help each other out. What do you say?

-You really don't want me to sleep. Sleep deprivation is a torture, do you know that? I shall fall for your heinous request, though. It sounds much better than a cold shower.

The two lovers found comfort and release in each other's hands, in tight and warm embraces, stolen kisses and soft moans. Then they fell asleep, entangled in their bed which still smelled like their soaked bodies.

The morning came and Jin woke up first, with his hand still on Hwoarang's chest. He kissed it, then his neck, then his mouth, and the Korean finally woke up as well.

-Morning, sunshine.

-Morning, love.

-Can you brew the tea? I'd love some tea and you hate my tea.

-I don't hate it. You don't brew it quite right.

-All the same. You brew the tea. I sleep another five minutes.

-The tea brews for two.

-...you're unbelievable. Go and brew the goddamn tea, you magnificent idiot.

Jin snapped a kiss on Hwoarang's cheek, put on some pants and went downstairs. The Korean decided to wake up and get dressed, then followed the other man in the living room.

-Just in time for the sencha, splendid moron.

-You're not as good as me at positive insults. But nice try.

After breakfast and some more cuddling, they planned out their day; Jin had some work to do at the Mishima Zaibatsu, while Hwoarang wanted to go to the A.A. meeting of the day.

-We're going to have dinner together, then I can drive to the meeting again. They have one every day, it could be good for me to stick around as much as possible, especially at the beginning.

-If you feel up to it, why not. It's a good idea. Now I'm going to get properly dressed, and I'm off to the Zaibatsu.

Jin changed to formal clothing and hopped on his bike. Hwoarang turned on the TV, but after less than an hour, the bell rang. "Now, who's that? I'm not expecting anyone". He opened the door only to find... Megan, on the porch.

-Hello, stranger!