Just Water

Suggested listening: Nirvana - Come As You Are, Nirvana - Something In The Way

TRIGGER WARNING: this chapter contains explicit depiction of sexual assault. Read at your own discretion.

Hwoarang's night was as disturbed and haunted as it gets. The thought of having already screwed up his first milestone weighed like a thousand stones in his hands, and Megan's behaviour was too devious to remember without getting angry. She betrayed him, in more ways than one. As a result, he slept poorly, and the morning after he had a very strong headache from the lack of sleep.

-Hwoarang, you're going to the meeting tonight, right?

-Yes, Jin, as usual.

-Then remember what I told you. I'm not giving you orders. It's just my advice. My loving advice.

-I know. And you're right. I tossed and turned tonight, thinking about everything. I will also be giving the coin back to the counselor, tell him that I drank. It's only fair. I want to be transparent in my journey, cheating doesn't help my cause.

-I'm proud of you. Owning your mistakes is even more important than not making them at all. If you get rid of... bad influences, I'm sure you will make it.

-Hopefully so. I'm not feeling very optimistic today, sorry.

-Then I will be for the both of us. Now, let's have breakfast. The tea won't brew on its own.

Hwoarang was indeed very down that morning. He could barely look Jin in the eyes, he kept staring inside his cup of tea without drinking it, and his face laid on his left hand. Any trace of his smile was gone. Only a pensive, negative look was left in him.

-Hey... the tea will be cold if you wait too much. That is a capital crime.

A half smile finally appeared on the Korean's face. -And we don't want that, right?

He drank his cup, then laid his head on his crossed arm on the table.

-Hwoarang. If it's too much for you today, you can skip the meeting and go another day. You look like a mess.

-My head hurts. I slept too little. The alcohol didn't help, probably.

-Take some painkillers then. I hate seeing you like this.

-Maybe I deserve this. Let's this head pound and remind me how stupid I am.

-Don't be dramatic now. I'm giving you some medicine, like it or not. Don't make me shove it down your throat.

-If you weren't talking about pills, I'd say take me, I'm yours.

Jin laughed and went to take some painkillers from the medicine cabinet. Hwoarang took the without any fuss.

-Thanks. Do you have to go to the other UN meeting tonight? I'd feel so much better if you were with me at the A.A.

-You know I can't skip those... and yesterday we didn't finish. It could be dragged on tomorrow, too. I'm sorry, I really wanted to support you tonight. I will make it up to you. Promise.

-Don't worry, hopefully I will only have to do this once. Wish me luck.

//

The evening came, and Jin and Hwoarang had to part ways. Caresses and tender kisses were shared.

-Good luck with Megan. I know you don't want to hurt her, but be strong. She's not a woman you have to save. She's one you have to save yourself from. Learn to know the difference. Okay?