Trouble

Suggested listening: Alice Boman - Wish We Had More Time

Hwoarang woke up with his head still spinning, confused, and with absolutely no knowledge of where he was. When he turned his head, his blood ran cold. Megan was laying naked in the same bed, and the room unmistakably smelled like sex. He was naked himself, and there was little to no room for doubt about what happened the night before.

"How... how could that happen? Why? Where am I and why the fuck can't I remember anything? Just little flashes..."

The last clear thing he could remember was talking with Hayashi and then going out for a smoke. Everything after that was a big blur.

"Jin. He must be worried dead. I have to call him, now". But he couldn't find his phone anywhere near his clothes. He was starting to get angry.

-Hey, bad boy, awake yet? I could use some more sleep. Tonight was wild. I knew you would be good in bed, but I'm sure I haven't seen anything yet. Very excited to see all your tricks.

-Megan, I... how come I don't remember a thing about what happened?

-Oh, you drank a thing or two. Or five. But don't worry, your performance didn't even go down a notch because of that.- she giggled. -In fact, you were on fire.

-Drink? No, I don't remember drinking anything, and I wouldn't, not after talking with Hayashi and Jin.

Megan suddenly became all serious. -You talked with Hayashi? Why?

-Because I gave my chip back. I drank, so I didn't deserve it. I explained why, and...

-You... didn't tell my name, right? You ain't a snitch, Hwoa?

-I didn't need to. He guessed it on his own. And he told me to stay away from you, just as Jin said yesterday and the day before. You're trouble, Megan. I don't know what happened here and why, and something tells me I won't get a straight answer from you, but I don't want to see or hear from you anymore. You're toxic, you're motherfucking poison and I don't need other complications in my life, not now, not ever. So, please, leave me alone. Forever. I mean it, Megan. Cry all you want, this time it won't work on me. I'm immune to your games now.

-Fine. You will see me no more. I will even stop coming to the meetings, so you can play to good boy all you want. But I'm warning you. You're trusting the wrong people. I was clear as day with you, and we had something special in common that you can't find that easily. You will miss that, you will miss me.

-I doubt it. I have all I need at home.

-Then how come last night you stayed here with me, instead of going back to your beloved Jin?

Hwoarang didn't answer the question, went out of the bedroom and finally spotted his phone in the living room. Twenty-five missed calls from Jin. He went out searching for his bike, only to discover it wasn't there. He cursed some more, then he tried to understand where he was, without much luck. He finally managed to find the courage to call Jin.

-Hwoarang! Where are you? Why didn't you answer my call? I thought you were dead, I am in a police station right now!

-Jin, Jin, please, listen very carefully, and try not to get mad. I don't know where I am. My bike isn't here. I slept... at Megan's place. Apparently, I slept... with Megan. But I don't remember anything starting from yesterday right after the meeting, when I gave my coin back. Jin, I don't know what happened to me. Megan said I drank, but I swear on my mother's name, I didn't. I don't know what happened to me. I don't know what I did.

There was too much silence on the other end of the phone, for Hwoarang's liking.

-Send me your position. I'm going to pick you up immediately.

-Okay. Are you angry, Jin?

-Yes. But not with you.

He closed the call abruptly, and Hwoarang knew Megan was in trouble. Even though he would tell Jin he already talked to her, already pushed her away, he would surely want to have some words with the woman he hates so much. And it wasn't good. After around twenty minutes, Jin arrived in one of the Zaibatsu black sedans. He got off the car and went to Hwoarang.

-Are you hurt? Did she restrain you?

-Jin, I'm... fine. My head is spinning and I'm still feeling confused, I can't remember anything. Just some flashes, but nothing useful.

Jin looked at him, clenching his fists tight.

-Hwoarang... she drugged you. That's why she could do this, that's why you don't remember. I will fucking kill her.

-Jin, Jin, wait. I already gave her the talk, she will stop coming to the meetings, I will never see her again. Never. Please, let's end this here. Drama is what she thrives in. Don't give her that satisfaction. She already got too much of that from tonight, it seems. Please, Jin. Let's go home. It was a difficult night for me. I have to digest everything that happened. Please.

-Fine. Only because it's you who's asking. Let's go home.

//

The following weeks went quite smoothly for the two. Hwoarang recovered quite well from the assault, even though he would get some memories back here and there sometimes, and it wasn't pleasant. He was lucky enough to have a man like Jin by his side, who had endured similar experiences, and could help him stay on his feet.

The meetings were perfect, and Megan didn't show up anymore, as promised. Hwoarang felt much more relaxed by this and in a month, he had his coin back, with Hayashi's compliments. The Korean was happy and this time, Jin was there to cheer for and with him. It was a great night.

The sessions with Doctor Tanaka were going great as well, and he was helping Hwoarang coping with the physical side of the dependency at the moment, so that he didn't give in to his body's craving of alcohol.

And so, time flew and one, two, three months went by for Jin and Hwoarang, three wonderful months where everything seemed to be falling right back into place, even though with tough moments as well.

One afternoon, right after lunch, the bell rang.

-Are you expecting someone, Jin?

-I was going to ask you the same thing. Let's see.

They both went at the door, only to find Megan, holding a pink stick in her right hand.

-Hey, bad boy. I'm pregnant.