Perfect

Suggested listening: Ed Sheeran - Perfect

Thanks to marcoedge.art (IG) for the phenomenal fanart

The Sun was rising boldly through the windows and the elegant lace curtains. The suit on the bed was waiting to be worn, and yet Jin was taking all his time for getting dressed. He looked pensive and a little worried: the classical Kazama look.

-Earth calls Jin! Are you with us, big boy? What's troubling you? Tell your friend.

-Nothing, Xiaoyu... it's just that... it's happening. It feels like yesterday when I was still trying to convince Hwoarang to... try me. And today, we're getting married. It almost feels unreal. We went through so much together, more than most of the couples for sure, and we came out stronger for it. We have a daughter, Xiaoyu. Who would have known life would have brought us this far, this good? I don't even know if I deserve all this, after all I've done.

-Wow, that's a lot of nothing, sir. You deserve each other, in the best way possible. And you deserve to be happy. I still remember you from high school, you know. You would barely speak, you were a loner and a bit of a weirdo, too, always bruised and cut from the trainings. It took a lot of time to you to let me in as a friend. But you're kind, caring, supportive, a loving father, a faithful lover. Your future husband is probably in the other room asking himself the same questions. But fear not, everything is going to be perfect. Now, wear that marvelous tux and get ready to leave everyone speechless!

Jin smiled. -Your optimism is one of the things I love more about you, Xiaoyu. Thanks for being here. It wouldn't be the same without you.

The two hugged, in a friendly and warm hug, then Jin started wearing his suit, with a lump in his throat that just wouldn't go away. "I won't cry... not yet, at least".

Meanwhile, in the other room, Eun-Jung was helping Hwoarang getting up from the chair where he was holding his head with his hands.

-Papa, are you getting cold feet?!

-No, gongju.

-Then, what is it? You seem desperate! It's your day!

-That's the point! I look ridiculous in that suit. Jin will laugh at me. And I don't want to show my dull eye, it's ugly. I'm going to wear my eyepatch. He will be amazing and handsome and at ease, while I will look dumb and goofy. I will ruin everything, as I always do. I am only good at making people laugh, taking me seriously is a matter of fighting. Jin deserves more, better. Why did he settle for a drunk thug like me? He could have anyone at his feet. I'm living on his money like a leech, I'm useless.

-Papa... this is the point where you start self-shaming yourself for some war around the world, too. And that was the other papa. Anyway, you're spiraling. You're anxious something could go wrong, so in your eyes now everything is wrong. But it's not. Let me tell you how amazing you are as a papa. You're sweet, you care deeply about me, you would fight the whole world alone for me. And you could have walked away from me, considering how I was conceived. But you didn't, because you're a man of honour. And seeing you and papa together... it's the best example of love I could have in front of my eyes. You're my heroes. And not because of how amazingly strong you are, but because of how fiercely you love. That's the best silent lesson you could ever give me, and I thank you for it with all my heart.

Eun-Jung sat on Hwoarang's lap and hugged him, while he shed some tears and returned the embrace.

-Thanks, gongju. You're the best daughter I could ever ask for.- she stood up, and so did he. -It's strange, though. Getting married, I mean. Both Japan and Korea don't allow it, so I never really thought about it until when I asked Jin. And now, we're here. We're really here, and we're doing it. For real. If only my mother were still alive. She never travelled in her whole life. I like to think she is here through you, Eun-Jung, somehow.