Ja Jang Uri

Suggested listening: Justine Wheeler, Louise Raven -Ja Jang Uri - Korean Lullaby; Casey Edwards, Ali Edwards - Devil Trigger

At some point, the wait turned Hwoarang's desperation in pure anger. He stalled the hunter to the wall, putting his forearm against his throat.

-The fuck were you doing in a protected forest? Everybody knows it's forbidden to hunt there. You were breaking several laws and ended up hurting my daughter, and you better hope she comes out alive from that operating theatre, or I will break every single bone in your body before killing you myself. That's a promise, not a threat.

-I... I wanted to hunt the Sika deer... only that forest is densely populated by...

-Bullshit. The Sika deer is common in all of Japan. And they are fucking nocturnal. Does it look like night to you? DOES IT?

-I...

-You don't know the first thing about deer or hunting. You don't take a shot until you have a line of fire. What were you aiming for? Lie to me again and I swear I'm breaking the first bone.

-No, please, don't! I was paid by G Corporation... to kill Jin Kazama. I never wanted to hurt your daughter, I swear!

-And you think killing my fiancé is such a better option for me? Try again.

Hwoarang broke his right index finger while closing his mouth with the other hand, to muffle his screams.

-This way, you won't fucking shoot anyone for a while. Now, tell me. Who in G Corp wants Jin gone, if Kazuya is dead?

-H-his father. Heihachi Mishima.

-Heihachi?! He fell into some fucking lava. He should be burnt to a crisp!

-Well, he's not. And he took control of G Corporation when Jin killed Kazuya. But he wants the Mishima Zaibatsu back.

-You can report to the old bitch that he's going to have a hard time doing that. And the next time, he better bring his own ass to the fight. That is, if you survive today. Which is all to be seen.

The hunter, or better, sniper gulped, still hurting because of his finger, broken in two parts. The attention was once again brought to a doctor, who was searching for Hwoarang. He ran to the medic, praying for some good news.

-We tried everything, but she's dying. The machines are currently keeping her alive, but not for long. If you want to say goodbye to your daughter, Sir, this is the moment.

The floor was no longer under Hwoarang's feet, and the doctor's word got muffled towards the end, distant, as if in a movie. That couldn't be the truth. He was imagining the conversation, and now the doc was going to tell him Eun-Jung was okay and recovering. He felt everything spinning, and Jin caught him right in time before he hit the ground. Jin was crying and sobbing, but he tried to comfort Hwoarang anyway.

-L-love... you should go. They won't let me see her, but you can. Please, give her a kiss from me, too. To our beautiful Princess. We were blessed to have her for five months, the best of our lives. Now we have to let her go. Sing her her favourite Korean lullaby, tell her her papas love her to the Moon and back. She needs to know until the end, okay? Do it for me, too. Do it, Hwoarang. Please. Please.

The Korean broke down in tears and hugged Jin tightly.

-She was the best thing I had ever made. The one good thing I made in my life. I don't want to let her go. I can't lose her, Jin, I can't. I'll die inside, I'm already dying. I would do anything to keep her with me, anything. Why isn't there something I can do?