18. The Truth Comes Out

Ichirou looked at himself in the mirror one last time. He was wearing the same pink suit as when he went to the hotel restaurant with Masahiro. However, this time, he was wearing the pink heart necklace he got from Masahiro just a few days ago. He gently stroked it with his thumb and forefinger, his anxiety plain on his face. He was nervous as hell.

A knock came at the door, and Ichika's voice rang through. "Big brother, it's time for you to come down to the dining area. Mom and Dad are waiting."

Ichirou sucked in and released a large breath of air. He turned from the mirror and grabbed his phone, taking a look at the screen. It was fifteen minutes until seven. Masahiro had texted Ichirou that he was on his way nearly half an hour ago, so he would be here any moment. He wrung his hands together nervously for a couple of seconds, before letting out another deep breath and walking out of his room.

He walked down from the third floor to the second floor, meandering down the hallway to the formal dining room. His mother, Iwa, was wearing a gray pencil skirt, gray suit jacket, and a white blouse, while his father, Isami, was wearing a black suit and tie. Ichika was the only one seated, wearing a lavender pantsuit with a black, midriff-showing tube top underneath.

The white and gold table could normally sit up to eight, but there were only placemats, silverware, and wine glasses for five. Ichirou could only hope that the glasses would be filled to the absolute top. He had a feeling he would need it.

One of the kitchen staff came out to inspect the table, walking all around it. After she was satisfied that it was up to par, she went right back into the kitchen. The fine porcelain and incredibly clean floors and walls just sang that they were going to have an important guest over if the outfits of those who lived in the house didn't already make that statement. At that moment, Ichirou's parents noticed him and his mother gestured for him to come over.

"Yes?" Ichirou asked, stepping forward to meet them.

Iwa instantly began fussing with his jacket, her eyebrows drawn together. "You promise you would tell me if he was bad to you?"

Ichirou rolled his eyes at this question. "Yes, of course."

"You're a Kimura. You can't accept anything but the best," Isami said, his arms folded. "We're just trying to make sure you do have the best."

"I know, Dad. Just please don't make it weird," Ichirou said, trying not to make it weird.

"Mom and Dad are totally gonna make it weird, don't you worry about that," Ichika said, her eyes glued to her phone, probably keeping Yuri up to date with how this could possibly turn into a shitshow.

"Be respectful of your parents," Iwa said, putting her hands on her hips and glowering at her daughter.

"Sorry, it's just true. You two turn into weirdos when it comes to Ichirou," Ichika said with a shrug.

"It's because he's our precious pearl," Isami said, resting his hand on Ichirou's shoulder.

It was more like he was their fragile omega with how they treated him. However, Ichirou's phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out, noting that only about three minutes had passed. Masahiro had texted him that he was arriving now, and Ichirou felt his heart pounding.

"Masahiro is here," Ichirou managed out.

"Well, let's all get in our seats, and then we can greet him when he comes in," Iwa said, making hand movements to indicate that they should move.

Ichirou sat next to his mother, on the left side of the table. Masahiro would probably be offered the seat in front of him, next to Ichika. Meanwhile, his father sat at the head of the table. They sat in silence for a moment, before they heard footsteps coming from down the hall. Just a moment later, they all stood to greet Masahiro.