2

The Beginning

"You still a come the party tonight?"

"Pinky how much time me must say yes? You want me change me mind"  I looked up at her. I've decided that this year I'll be trying new things, not anything over the top but going out more and just enjoying life.

"Relax nuh. Just don't want you change your mind, yah me only friend and me don't want go alone. Him tell me from weh day fi make sure me come" she sat down beside me biting her nails and looking at the tv.

Him tell you make sure you come not me.

She bites her nails every time she's worrying or overthinking. She went to a lot of parties without me before so I don't see what the big deal is.

"A weh yah worry fah? A me a go be the third wheel enuh." I nudged her in her side and she laughs.

"Tired fi a go places with other people when a you me really want go out and have fun with. Plus you say yah try change this year....even tho you say that every year" she mumbled the last part but still said it loud enough for me to hear.

I laughed.

A different thing this year man.

It's already 11 o'clock. Pinky went home four hours ago. Knowing her, she probably all start get ready from them time deh.

It's her man club opening so the girl have fi look like dolly.

I'm still contemplating on what to wear.  Chro me just a go bathe and then choose one. Pinky say them a come fi me 12 o'clock so by time me finish bathe and get ready then they should be here.

I quickly pulled out the black skirt suit. It was a bit revealing, not something that I'd usually wear...because me nuh normally go club and them things there. But a long time me want wear it. It's sexy and sit down pan me like a second skin.

I quickly grabbed my purse and head to the door when I heard a car horn and pinky start calling my phone.

"Bloodclaaaattt watch the doll!" pinky screamed as soon as I stepped through the gate.

Two cars?

I laughed and made my way to the car pinky was in.

"Chin wapm? Do me one favor and travel with me bredda nuh please" her man leaned over and asked. "A him alone a travel and me want him have little company"

So nuh him alone drive come yah? Me nuh too like people enuh.

Nobody can't tell me say this neva plan. Ago strangle pinky.

"Alright" I glanced at pinky who gave me a innocent little smile before I walked over to the black Range Rover.

Try just be nice, yah try change

As soon as I opened the door, I was met by a set of roving eyes that first scanned my entire face before moving to my clothing. He scowled and turned his head away as he hung up the phone and set it on his lap.

A wah?

Him look good me nah go lie.

Matter of fact him look real good.

He has locs, not the type were you can know say the person just never comb them hair and it get knotty. No, his were neatly done so that it didn't cover his face. Even with the fade at the sides.

"You staying out there?"

Feisty much.

I rolled my eyes and jumped in. He didn't say anything to me, just blew his horn and drove off. I looked through the mirror to ensure pinky them a follow we.

I glanced over at the guy driving. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. From his beard, to his tattoo on the side of his neck, to his clenched hands gripping the steering wheel.

Mesmerizing.

But why him look so angry?

Him never want carry me or wah? Mi will go back home enuh.

Me will step out a this.

"Do you not want me in the car?" I asked, regretting it immediately after. Me shoulda just shut up and just come out as we reach.

"Did I say that?" He looked over at me with what appears to be amusement.

Something funny?

"Because you can just let mi out" lawd god why mi nuh shut up.

The car came to a sudden stop causing me to jerk forward.

Him really a let mi out? I looked over at him and he lifted his eyebrows. Shame like dog.

Just come out Cheyann. I pulled the door but it didn't open.

"Weh yah go?" He asked, hissed his teeth and stepped out of the car. "Put on your seatbelt" he demanded and slammed the door shut.

Swear think a let him a let me out enuh.

"So why him stop?" I mumbled and watch him walk around the front of the vehicle. A which road this?

A group of guys came towards him. Them look like bad man, like a gang. Or maybe them a scamma. Mark x pinky man have so maybe him so call bredda a scamma to. He didn't stay out for long, not even five minutes good.

Yo never say yah go try stop judge people

He sighed, frowned once more while turning to face me. I froze in my seat when he leaned forward and stared directly into my eyes.

I no longer felt my heart pounding; it was as though I stopped breathing. Sitting there, completely frozen I could feel his breath tickling my nose. I could smell the cannabis and mint coming from his slightly parted lips.

Wonder how him lip taste!?

I squeezed my legs together as the whore in my head screamed.

I haven't been touched in so long...

He pulled the seatbelt, secured it and leaned back into his seat. "I told you to put your seatbelt on"

I couldn't speak. What the hell wrong with mi! Stop gwan like you nuh use to man. Why mi feel so?

You nuh see seh you horny.

"I'm Ackeem" he finally introduced himself.

"Cheyann" I found my breath.

"It's nice to meet you Cheyann"

**************************************