3

"You alright chin?" Pinky leaned over and asked even though I could barely hear her over the loud music.

I nodded and sipped the alcohol from my cup. Ignoring the burn that travelled down my throat.

"You and Ackeem look like one couple tho. Two a unuh match" she grinned.

This gyal.

After she set me up like mi tell her me did want company.

I didn't bother answering. She probably think me never hear her.

We looked like a couple for real, both dressed in black and sitting beside each other. I could feel his knee rubbing against my exposed thigh.

In here feel extra hot? Or is it just me?

Must be the alcohol.

We were upstairs in the VIP area, where it was easy to observe how much fun everyone was having by looking down at them. It wasn't the vip area that anyone could pay extra money to get into. No, this was the vip vip area where only the four of us were.

The location was fantastic, and it was clear that a lot of work had gone into it.

Although the club was overwhelmingly Jamaican, the infrastructure had an Americanized feel.

I took out my phone and quickly sent my brother a message. Telling him that I was at a club and the location. Since mom is overseas and it's just the two of us, I felt it was important to let him know where I was.

In case of anything....

I smiled when I felt my phone vibrate. One thing him a go text mi back fast enuh. 'Ah mi g, if anything make me know. Nah fwd a yard till Saturday'

Saturday? Ever since him get him get that job him never deh home. As long as him good still.

Feeling like I'm being watched. With a murderous glare on his face, Ackeem was in fact watching me.

Deh man yah bipolar?

If he wasn't so good looking I would get up and move long time.

I see why he's friends with pinky man Javy. Both of them always serious. Although javy full a tattoo and look more gangster, them kinda act alike except Ackeem nuh talk much.

"Yo good dawg?" Javy asked Ackeem "you look like you woulda kill somebody. Chin weh you do the man" Javy asked and laughed. Lifting pinky and placing her on his lap.

"Me! Me nuh do him nothing enuh." I laughed. Matter of fact him deven like me. We haven't spoken since in the car. I looked away from the couple and went back to drinking.

How much have I been drinking?

Me feel tipsy.

Not even know a wah this mi a drink.  Something weh start with D.

The music sounded louder too and I felt the strong urge to start dancing and when my favorite song came on I couldn't resist. 'Pretty skin in a birthday suit, tonight just wear your favorite perfume' I start moving my hips, ignoring everything else, I went into my own world were it was just me and the music.

I felt strong hands on my hips, and before I knew it I was in Ackeem's lap. But him prime eeh.

Just have fun, I told myself. Normally mi woulda push weh anybody weh try dance with me, but not tonight. Tonight is about having fun, especially after everything that went down with tony four weeks ago.

Him never want talk to mi but him a take whine tho, yo see man.

Can't trust them.

"Baby just whine for me whine for me. Mi love it when yuh whine pon it, whine pon it"