14

Cheyann's POV

Kingston traffic is the worse thing.

I don't know why the government dont make the Chinese man them make overhead train or something because this is ridiculous.

About four hours we stuck in here for. Well at least I didn't have to take a taxi this morning.

I looked over at Ackeem. He looked so composed. If I was the one driving, I'd probably get fed up and turn back a long time ago or kick me out and tell me to find my own way.

"What time your classes end?" He broke the silence.

"It's a clinical experience. About three o'clock but I'm going to do my hair in the evening"

"Oh. So you never plan to tell me?" He glanced at me before speeding up to beat the red light.

"Didn't think it was important" I said, and leaned my head against the cold window.

I'm extremely tired.

"Yuh have fi tell me when yah go places, any fucking thing can happen. You have your license?" He asked.

Watch obsession.

"Yea"

"So you can drive?" He questioned.

"Yes, I just need practice I guess."

Why is he asking?

"Ah" he pulled into UHWI hospital and parked in front of the sickle cell bus stop.

"You tell your family about us yet?" He cleared his throat and asked.

"They know I'm in a relationship but I didn't really get the chance to tell them about you. Why you ask that? Your family even know bout me" I crossed my arms.

I wasn't going to tell him that I told my mom almost every single detail about him since his fight with Tony. Of course I had to tell her about him to cease her worries. Only Gavin doesn't really know much.

But why is he asking though? I could've sworn he asked something similar to this last week.

We're getting serious.

I almost smiled to myself.

"Marcia know bout you long time, mostly because she nuff" he chuckled. "Here", he gave me a envelope, similar to the one he gave biggs.

He told his mom about me.

Marcia..the mother in law.

My heart did a backflip and splits before settling once again. I squealed internally.

Tony's mom knew about you but he wasn't serious.

Sometimes I really hate that voice in my head.

"What's this?" I took it from him and looked into it. I gasped. "Ackeem a nuh hundred thousand fi do my hair"

Bumbath, my glad bag too full right now.

I don't want to seem too greedy. It really is too much. It's literally just $5000 to do my hair. Why is he giving me so much money? And why does he have it randomly to give? 

Believe me, I'm not complaining. Just curious. How rich is he?

"Do whatever you want with it. Braff, I don't care. Just make sure you get your own taxi and send me the location. I'm going to be busy today, just want make sure you good" he explained in a serious tone.

I opened my mouth to speak but he started talking again.

"This isn't a negotiation. Call me when everything finish." he said dismissively, and unlocked the doors, silently indicating for me to get out.