9

A Week Later

"Chin stop" Kim nudged me in my side.

"I can't help it. I studied so hard for this exam and yet still me feel like me don't pass" I groaned, resting my head against the cold wooden desk.

"Stop worry you head" she rolled her eyes "want go out later? This week was very stressing with all the exams I need some fun" she said

"Yea enuh" I answered without hesitation. She squealed, clapping her hands excitedly.

This week drained me. After what happened with Ackeem and Tony, I didn't even get time to come to terms with it before my mother called me cussing. Of course my neighbors saw what happened and called her. Them have time fi run go call me mother way deh way a foreign but couldn't come part fight.

Sick stomach.

As much as I love my mother, I don't want her to know every single thing that's happening in my life. It's really annoying when she keeps tabs on me. See me never ready fi tell her about me and Ackeem because look deh, we stop talk already.

Speaking of Ackeem. It's been five days. Five fucking days and still no response to my messages or calls. I guess it's really over. All I needed was a chance to explain and clear up the misunderstanding.

What's something you really hate? Disrespect and disloyalty.

Somehow I convinced him that I'm the exact thing he hates. Why Tony never stay a him damn yard! I hissed my teeth. I felt guilty, guilty for lying. I wonder what would have happened if I had just told him that Tony was calling me from the very beginning.

I really need to stop thinking about this.

But why him nuh answer? Him really done with me?

"Hellooo! Earth to Cheyann"

I looked at Kim.

"No man look from when me a call you. Weh the hell you a think bout so cheyann?" She folded her arms across her chest.

"Nothing" I shook my head and stood up. We're the only ones in the class, I guess everyone rushed out while I was lost in thought.

"Come. Alex a come pick me up, we can drop you home" she smiled and walked off without waiting for an answer.

Alex is her boyfriend. Although me nuh like him, nah refuse the ride. It's not like I have a reason not to like him. Me spirit just nuh take him. Maybe a because him a like 20 years older than me and act like him shit can make shrimp patty. Kim love the old man them still, maybe him nice if you get fi really know him.

Kim is my only other real friend otherwise from Pinky. We kicked it off in second year of university. My school bestie, hope the friendship last like me and Pinky.

The red rav4 pulled up and we quickly got in. "Good evening" I said the minute I entered the car and looked away as Kim kissed him on his lips.

When me can have that?

"Babe drop Cheyann home. She nuh feel good" Kim spoke up

A when me tell her that?

The ride was silent. It wasn't awkward or anything just silent. Alex isn't really the talkative type, unlike kim weh sometimes nuh want stop run har mouth.

I wonder if Gavin's going to be home. He was here Tuesday to Thursday, seems like him and Tallia did a argue because the whole time him deh home him a act like him period come.

I grabbed my bag, realizing that were almost at my distination

"Thanks Mr Marriot" I said just to annoy Kim. She hates when I call him that. I giggled.