10

I am definitely tipsy. The music started sounding louder, I could literally feel the vibration against my forehead, like the music a play from me head. I don't even know what I'm saying.

A so me know me tipsy enuh. I looked over a Kim and Kayla. She's finally here after about a hour. I didn't know what to expect but she's actually really cool.

"Wet a than the rainy season, easier fi slide cause me full a secretion." Kayla screamed.

"Gspot!" Kim and I screamed. Laughing uncontrollably.

Kim called her cousin earlier he's here with us. Malik. Apparently he's here to babysit or adultsit in our case.

One word even go so?

Fuck me must know.

He brought a friend as well. He introduced himself but I can't remember his name. But he's really good looking.

You know them neat boy from high school. Deh vibes deh him carry.

"Come make we go the club now" Kim shouted over the music.

Club? Which club? I hope it's not Ackeem's. Jesus a beg.

Malik and his friend led us to a black car. His friend got in the driver's seat and Malik ensured we were secured in the back.

Wait..weh them say we a go again?

"Here unuh drink some water. Drink it off, it will sober you up a little"

I took it from Malik and gulped it down.

Me did thirsty man.

The cool breeze from the window plus the water made my mind clearer. Clear enough to recognize the building we're now parked in front of.

He might not be here, I told myself. Matter of fact, I kept chanting it to myself as if the more I say it, it will come true.

But I couldn't ignore the part of me that really wants him to here.

"Chin you nah come, you rooted and grounded deh so?"

"Kim shut up" I laughed at her lame joke.

Kayla walked in front of us as if she has already been here. We trailed behind her through the crowd and was able to secure a spot for our selves.

The last time I was here I was upstaris. My eyes made way to the vip area at the side but no one was there. I sighed.

Guess he's not here. Right there so him woulda deh right? Out of the crowd.

"What were you guys drinking?" Malik asked.

Kim told him quickly and he disappeared in the crowd. Guess he's going to buy them. Thank god we nave fi spend no more money. We didn't even spend any at Jangas, because other guys offered.

Mostly because of Kim, one thing enuh...she's knows how to handle men.

"What's your name again? I'm sorry I forgot" I poked Malik's friend in his side.

"That good man. The name's Chris" He smiled.

"It's nice to meet-" I started talking but was cut off by being pushed into his side by a stranger in the crowd.

"I'm sorry-" he held onto me and moved me to his other side, a way of protecting me from the crowd. I guess.

"Just stay beside me"

I nodded.

Ackeem's POV

"Weh the fuck you mean the money short?"