16

Cheyann's POV

"She a wake up. Stop your noise" I heard an all too familiar voice speaking at the top of her voice despite her telling someone else to tone it down.

I groaned and turned to my right side, placing the pillow over my head to block out the source of light.

I tried to force myself back to sleep but failed miserably.

"A you alone a make noise" kim said.

"Both a unuh a make noise" I said in a croaked voice and removed the pillow from my face.

"Chin thank god you alive! Me worry out hell" Pinky rushed towards me. "Me can't believe the wuckless boy them come rob you! Me nuh know why them can't just find a job! Noo everybody want easy-"

"Pinky!" Kim shouted, stoping her rant.

"What!?"

"Give Chin little space nuh" Kim sighed "the girl just wake up"

"Weh you mean give her space! Little most she nuh deh here and yah talk bout space" Pinky hissed her teeth and forced me into a hug.

"Girl how you so dramatic? I'm okay" I said.

The minute she unwrapped her arms from around me, I sat up in bed and pulled the sheet from over me, suddenly feeling extremely hot although the A/C is on.

I must be at Ackeem's house.

I remember this room being downstairs when he showed me around.

"Thank God you alright. Me never know say you have panic attacks enuh." Kim sighed and moved towards me. "Girl not to bring too much on you as you wake up. But I think you should stay here."

"I agree. You know your always welcomed at my house but I know you won't be comfortable up there with all the kids and noise. Plus I'm mostly down at Javy house"

I'm actually kinda surprised that Pinky's agreeing.

I guess she's willing to put whatever hate she has for Ackeem aside for my safety.

"Yea..." I murmured

Staying here with Ackeem? I know he's my boyfriend and all but what if him don't want me in his personal space. Or what if I hate being around him.

Living with a guy?

Are we ready for that? That's a big move in a relationship. A fairly new one at that.

Girl it's just for a time, eventually yah go guh back to the bad lucky house.

That house sure is nothing but bad luck. I'm definitely not ready to go back there.

The only other place I have that I can go to is my grandmother on my Dad's side but she lives too far and I won't be able to travel from there to school.

Not even just that.

The lady don't talk to we from daddy died.

So why you woulda want go deh?

I guess I really only have one option.

Wait deh..."Unuh hear from Gavin? I've been calling him but only getting voicemail" which is weird.

They both shook their heads.

I really hope he's okay. That's unlike him.

"You think Ackeem really want me stay with him?"

"Well he asked me to pack clothes for you to bring here so that must answer your question" Pinky smiled.

I can see that she's getting accustomed with us being together.