15

Cheyann's POV

"Over there," I sighed and pointed at the house on the left.

I sent Ackeem a message to keep him updated on my whereabouts, as I've been doing since this morning. I checked the time on my phone screen. It's nearly 11:30 and I'm still on the road.

Hate when me deh pon road so long. If the old man did drive faster me woulda reach home long time. I hissed my teeth.

I gave him the thousand dollars and exited the car into the pouring rain, exhausted.

As I ran to my gate, I was overcome with sadness. My emotions have been on a high lately, which sucks.

I pulled out my keys while looking around the neighborhood cautiously.

When I realized the gate was open, I frowned.

Typical Gavin's signature.

Him must deh here.

How hard is it for him to remember to close the gate?

The door is open too. That's weird, Gavin never forgets to close the door.

The gate...definitely but never the door.

With my hands around the door knob, I now felt on edge. What if it's not Gavin? I asked myself nervously.

I took a step back from the door, carefully inspecting the house. Nothing else appears to be amiss. I tried to convince myself to enter but instead of going in, I took out my phone and dialed my brother's number.

Voicemail.

I called again.

Voicemail.

Maybe he's inside sleeping.

Something doesn't feel right. I dialed Ackeem's number and as the phone rang, I gathered my courage, took a deep breath, and pushed the door open.

I gasped at the sight in front of me. The house was trashed! I felt my heart drop, a sick feeling washed over me, and I clutched the door for support.

My eyes welled up with tears as the scene in front of me brought back memories of an event that happened three years ago.

Almost as if I travelled back in time, I could feel his hands back on my neck. Strangling me with his coarse hands as his gang trashed the house looking for something.

"Weh yo fada deh?" I could hear his voice ringing in my ears as if he's right there in front of me, threatening to rape and kill me if my father doesn't show up.

"Hello"I could hear  Ackeem talking on on the phone "Cheyann" but I couldn't find my voice to answer.

My chest began to tighten.

In a panic, I tried to catch my breath, but my efforts were futile. My hands began to tremble, and the sensation spread to my legs, making me unsteady on my feet. My body collapsed to the floor, unable to support my weight any longer.

"Fuck..fuck! a wah!? just hold on b" I heard Ackeem's voice panicking on the phone.

I tried taking deep breaths to calm myself as my vision got darker. I rest my head down on the cold floor searching for some sort of comfort .

But me fucking throat just feel like stone a block it up.

I closed my eyes trying my best to get back to normal when I heard heavy steps rushing towards me making the feeling worse.

I'm hyperventilating, sweating and shaking uncontrollably.

Their back...them come back fi kill me.

I felt rough hands pull my face up.

That's it

I'm going to die.

"A biggs, a biggs! Calm down. Breathe" He said while wiping the tears from my eyes, mimicking the action of breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth for me to follow.

"Me alone deh here with yo. Yo good man, just breathe" he said low and calm, trying his best to help me.

It took me a while before I felt myself breathing normally, my legs now felt numb and a sense of tiredness took over. I stared at Biggs through teary eyes, I dont know how he got here or how he even knew I was basically on the verge of death but I am so grateful.

"Th-" I tried to thank him but he got up and Ackeem took his spot.

He's here.

No words were exchanged. He pulled me into a hug and I broke down into tears.

Gavin's POV

"Suck yo mada pussy. Me nah tell yo-" I started cursing but the second the words left my mouth, something connect against my jaw sending me to the floor.

I coughed, groaning in pain.

A weh the fuck this!?

If them think beating me up a go get me fi talk them dumber than me think.

I am no fucking snitch.

If only I could see who these people are. So me can mark them face and fuck them up when me get out.

If me get out.

But me cyaa see one fuck. Not even can move me eyebrow the way how them cover me eye tight.

"If a never one thing me shoot up yo bloodclaat" he kicked me in my stomach.

I buckled in pain.

Then, what's stopping him?

They must really need this information from me.

"You get the thing yet?" He asked.

Get what?

"Not yet"

I heard a girl answer.

Her voice sounds so familiar but I couldn't place a face to it at the moment. My brain's too concentrated on the pain.

Suddenly a loud ping sound echoed in the room.

"Here" the girl spoke again before her footsteps vanished from the room.

I felt myself being pulled from the ground and in an instant the cloth from my face fell.

My eyes burned from the light and a my head started hurting more.

I looked around the room frantically, taking in my environment and searching for any sign of the girl that was in here earlier.

Me swear to God me know deh voice deh.

I looked at the guy in front of me who's smirking down at me with the bat swinging in his hand that he hit me with earlier.

But me know deh little fucka yah-

He shoved his phone in my face, forcing me to stare at what's on his phone.

"Start talk pussy"

Bloodclaat!

I started talking.

**************************************
Been M.I.A for a while! I'm sorry for disappearing...but I am back. Will starting posting once every week.
**************************************