Chapter 7, Part II: A Dilemma

POV: Grian
Location: Prime Admin Quarters, Admin HQ

I must've passed out at some point because the next thing I know is I'm waking up in my bed in my private quarters of Admin HQ. My head was spinning and I barely had the strength to sit up but with enough struggling and twisting myself around, I was able to sit upright in my bed. Thankfully, by now the burning had disappeared and when I looked down at my right hand the discolouration had almost completely faded, the tips of my fingers were the only parts of my hand showing any sings of purple.

"Glad to see you're finally awake." A familiar voice echoed from across the room.

It was Astra, she must've been sitting at my desk watching me. She had her light brown hair tied back into a bun which sat at the back of her head. She wasnt wearing her robes anymore, instead she was wearing a pair of black ripped jeans, a pair of brown boots and a lilac hoodie with both sleeves rolled up to her elbows. Her eyes almost resembled emeralds and they gave a soft glow in the delicate moonlight than poured through the window.

Moonlight? How long was I out for?

"Is everything alright Grian? I was in the middle of asking you how you felt about the whole situation of watchers and staying here until its sorted when you just collapsed. You're lucky I was there to catch you and no-one else was around to see it."

There was a short pause inbetween Astra speaking and me responding. Initially I had no idea what to say, it was hard to comprehend the situation and everything that had recently- well not so recently happened.

"I... dont know if I'm alright. First I found a book related to a past corrupted server, it contained some galactic in it which I unexpectedly read with ease. Then the entire right side of my body started burning. My vision went weird and my hands started turning purple. Then the next thing I know is I wake up here and its night already." I seemed to say everything almost at once, it was all said so quickly that I didnt even give myself an chance to think about what to say. I simply just said it.

Astra didnt seem to be surprised by what I had said at all. Instead, she seemed to have fallen into her thoughts, her wings were doing their usual fluttering as she looked as though she was trying to remember something.

Whereas I was trying to comprehend everything that had just happened. Something I did notice was that my robes had been placed on my bedside table and I was in my usual red jumper and black jeans. I unfolded my wings and I let them lie across the bed until the ends eventually hung off the sides of my bed as my wingspan is longer than the width of my bed.

My room is just as boring and as unorganised as I had left it the last time I was here which is about 4 and a half months ago now. This place really needs a clean and redecorating. My bed sat almost in the corner of the room. To my right, my desk sat under a large window, it was littered with unfinished paperwork and piles of books and notes and other random items I had left. In front of me was the door to the central area of the Prime Admin quarters and on my left was my wardrobe and another door which led to my bathroom. Nothing here was special to me, I've never felt at home here. It's just a bedroom with no meaning to it, theres no special memories that were made here, no special item lives here. The only other person here is Astra, no-one else can get in to our quarters so it's fairly empty most of the time. The last thing I wanted was to be stuck here, in a place that doesnt feel like home and just reminds me of how alone I actually am most of the time.

"What's happening to me Astra? Do you think that... maybe... possibly the visions of yours are..."

"I know what you're going to ask me and unfortunately I do not have an answer that I can give you. My vision just showed two watchers at a table planning something and they were looking at an image of a third watcher. Neither of them looked like they were in a good mood, not that I could really tell with the emotionless facade they wear all the time."

"The book I came across earlier was related to Evolution SMP and the watchers take over of it. I really dont think that it's just a random coincidence that I've suddenly come across it now when your visions show watchers and I suddenly had an episode earlier when my skin was burning and turning purple." My voice was low and revealed hints of tiredness. I was definitely stressing a lot about the whole situation but I had no leads on any of it and no energy to even be able to fight against anything that could threaten Minecraft. Something definitely isnt right with me at the moment and I need to figure out what that is as soon as I can.

"You have to let me go back to Hermitcraft. I need to act as if everything is fine, wont the other hermits get suspicious if I'm gone for a long period of time?" I say, almost begging Astra to let me leave our Prime Admin quarters.

"Fine. I'll let you visit Hermitcraft but first I need you to be responsible for once and finish some of your duties. I need you to help me check code and do some more regular patrols around Minecraft. You will also need to do your half of today's paperwork and do some research on our current issue." Astra replied in a defeated tone. "I will get a list to you of things you must finish before you can go back to Hermitcraft. Then you can stay there for a few days, a week at most but then you must return here until the issue has been dealt with, regardless of how long that will take, and so you're not too bored being here all the time you can visit Hermitcraft on your breaks."

A smile had begun to form across my face as I finally lifted my head up to face my partner. Yes, I had my head down this entire time, it was hard enough for me to find the energy to sit up just slightly there was no way I was using the rest of my energy to raise my head as well. Instead I had balanced my elbows on my knees and I buried my head into my hands. When I did lift my head what I wasnt expecting from Astra was to see a sudden panicked look form across her face.

"Is everything alright Astra?"

"Grian, the discolouration from your hands might've faded but half your face is purple and your right eye doesnt look ...normal..." Her words seemed to come out fairly clearly despite the obvious fact that she was definitely panicked and a bit concerned about me.

As soon as she told me this I felt as though every part of me had frozen. What do I even say about this? What's happening to me?  These recent events all seem to look as though they are connected and should make sense but I cant seem to connect any of the dots, it's all just too confusing for me at the moment.

Before I could even process what my body was doing, I was shuffling myself off of my bed and I was walking towards my bathroom. Once I had made it to my bathroom I looked down into the cauldron full of water that stands in the far corner of the room. The reflection that looked back at me was just like Astra had described. Half of my face was a strange purple colour, not a nice vibrant purple or a soft pastel purple but instead a murky almost grey kind of purple. My eye, on the other hand, seemed to be almost completely black except from a piercing, glowing pupil shaped similarly to the slit pupils on snake eyes.

It was almost like instinct to check my right arm and hand that was burning earlier and as I somewhat expected the discolouration was returning to my skin. How am I supposed to hide something like this? I dont think I'll be able to return to hermitcraft after all if this discolouration is randomly appearing and not fading. I dont want to be trapped in Admin HQ but I dont have any other choice at the moment.

"Is everything alright?" A voice called out to me from my bedroom.

I didn't reply to Astra's question, I could barely stop myself from shaking and I felt as though my throat was beginning to tighten as I began to panic more. I had no idea how I was supposed to react or feel in this situation.