Chapter 14: At Peace.

POV: Grian
Location: Admin HQ, dungeon/cells

As I began to wake up, I felt a tight pain around my wrists and my back ached. When I looked at my wrists, I noticed glowing white cuffs around them.

Great. Magic cancelling cuffs... I thought to myself.

As I sat up, I noticed that I had been lying on my wings, which explains why my back ached but I also couldnt shake the feeling that I was, ironically, being watched. However, due to the magic cancelling cuffs, my vision was blurred and it was hard to make out who was staring at me.

"Who's there?" I groaned, tiredly.

Whoever it was, walked closer to the bars of my cell and sighed, fairly loudly.

"You do not need to know who I am." They replied, their voice was stern and kind of deep.

"Well, can you at least tell me what's going on?" I asked, trying to get my bearings.

It was hard enough having reduced hearing in my watcher form, but now feeling weakened due to magic restriction as well as my slight sight loss, I felt completely lost.

"Since you havent done anything threatening, yet, you are to be interrogated and dealt with accordingly." The voice said, they were clearly looking down at me in disgust.

"Can I at least speak with Astra?"

"Firstly, you may address the Prime by their formal title. Secondly, why is it you wish to see them?"

"Well... I- uh- me and Prime Admin Astra are acquainted, she told me to wait for her in the common room and... well- she must've forgotten to let anyone else know that I'm, uhm... her guest?" I tried to say, making sure I used Astra's formal title but i was useless at lying, even when it wasnt a full lie.

"I sense you arent being completely honest with me but I do believe there is some truth to what you are saying, so I will call for them to come to you now."

The stranger remained directly in front of my cell, as they took out their communicator and I'm assuming sent a message to Astra.

"They are on their way here now." Was all they said before they took a step away from my cell, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

After what felt like and extremely long wait, Astra finally arrived at the cells.

"So, what did you need, Silvyr?" Astra asked him.

"This watcher requested to see you, apparantly you know each other" Silvyr replied, the now named stranger who hadnt taken his eyes off me at all.

When Astra turned to look at me I heard a slight gasp.

"Oh, of course you got yourself caught!" She said while laughing at me.

"Hey! This isnt funny, Astra!" I replied.

"What did I say about using titles?!" Silvyr angrily shouted at me.

"Its alright Silvyr, this is one of my friends, he knows me personally so I've allowed him to call me whatever he is comfortable calling me." She said, inbetween her random bursts of laughter.

"And how is it you know a watcher, Prime, if you dont mind me asking?" Silvyr inquired.

"Well, if I'm being completely honest, hes only just told me he is a watcher but hes on our side. I'd trust him with my life, so theres nothing to worry about." A now somewhat calm Astra said.

"So can you let me out now?" I asked, hoping I would be able to see again.

"I think you and I both know you're capable of letting yourself out." Astra replied.