Chapter 8: Suspicion

POV: Zombie Cleo
Location: Hermitcraft

The start of the season seems to have been going well so far, almost too well. Maybe not quite too well to the extend that you would expect something bad to happen but well enough that it was definitely weird.

So far I have managed to get my main goals for the start of the season all completed such as the usual getting starter gear, building the start of my base, preparing for my future shop and the most important thing being terrorising my friends.

It was definitely a lot of fun watching Mumbo struggle with the introduction and trying to figure out what he was supposed to be saying while we all laughed along with him. Then almost immediately after the introduction had finished all I could hear were the other hermits shouting random things at each other about various different topics. I was just trying my best to figure out what I was planning on doing for the season and arranging things with Joe when people were suddenly gathering around Scar and 'rubbing his hat for good luck'.

To say this has been a confusing start to a hermitcraft season would definitely be an understatement. Not long after I found myself talking to Bdubs and Keralis.

"So Cleo, what did you learn?" Keralis asked me.

"I've learnt that Bdubs will never hurt me even if I deserve it." I responded with confidently, only to get hit im the face by Bdubs halfway through speaking.

"I guess I'll give this to Keralis then..." I say in retaliation while giving Keralis some leather and raw steak.

It was at this time that I came to the decision that I was going to cause chaos this season. After a lot of unorganised conversation with the other hermits, Scar started edging towards me and asked if he gave me some bread, if I could kill Bdubs for him and I definitely wasnt going to turn down the opportunity to kill someone. I enjoyed chasing Bdubs to his death in front of the other hermits while I frantically waved my sword around, trying to aim it towards Bdubs' head.

•°•small time skip•°•

Eventually, I had completely lost track of how many deaths had occurred at the start of the season. Many people had either killed or been killed at least once by now. After what seemed to be the start of the never ending chaos of this season, I decided it was about time I went on my own adventure and started to make a bit of progress. A short way on my exploration around the new world, I came across Ren who seemed to have claimed the birch forrest I had met him in. Then out of almost nowhere I heard Doc's voice, I couldnt see him anywhere around me and Ren but I could definitely hear him getting defensive and making sure I dont try and steal any of their resources.

After about half an hour of walking around the new server I found a ravine and began to gather some random resources that I might need in the future. At the back of the ravine I came across an amethyst geode, using a couple torches I lit up the area around me and started to kill some of the zombies that were trying to interfere with my peaceful mining session. Or at least my temporarily peaceful minding session.

While I was in the ravine I heard three distinct voices echoing above me, when I looked up I saw Mumbo, Scar and Grian in boats falling down towards me. Together we gathered some basic resources from the cave such as stone, coal, iron, amethyst, calcite and some copper.

"Scar, why are you taking all my stuff? Get your own!" A frustrated Grian said in a raised tone at Scar, who had been picking up everything Grian had been morning for the past 15 minutes.

"Well you see Grian, I would get my own materials if I had some wood to make my own tools." Scar replied, trying to not seem like the 'bad guy' in this situation.