14. Uns 🌙

The next day
.
.
.
.
.

"The Sidhwani are creating ruckus in west. That man won't back down after the of his affairs leaked out. That crazy old hag is behind us like a Sloth. It's not good as elections are near to throat now" Shaveer sigh as he kept the file back on the coffee table and rub his eyes. A slight dramatic tone as he tried not to ramble about that old hag.

It was late night. Almost past midnight, and Khalid still didn't go home.

Khalid's eyes didn't left the screen as he continued typing in his computer. His cabin was spacious and enormous but he couldn't understand why this man who is supposedly his 'Dumbass' bestfriend is still here when he told him to go home a few hours ago

"I want the details of Bishops project. Send me an email I will review later. And as far as those men are concerned, don't worry. They won't and can't as much as give my party a scratch to begin with. My family is out of the question. Stop rambling useless stuff and get out of this place. You are dismissed." He utter in the calmest voice and turned back to resume his work.

Shaveer sat there for a couple of seconds and then brushing away the insult he threw smartly knowing it was actually him who was scared those big men will do something to him, he nodded and continue his work as Khalid sigh

"Shaveer go home"

"Why?"

"It's late"

"I could say you the same" Shaveer raise his eyebrow cockily at him which Khalid didn't focus on

"I have work to do" Khalid sigh

"Come on Yarr! Shaadi hogayi hai, abhi toh kaam kaam karna band kar" Shaveer mocked

"Aur tu apna muh band kar" Khalid backfire making him widen his eyes

"Shaveer go" Khalid stress his words

"Not until you leave this office with me"

"Fine" Khalid sigh as he close his laptop and rub his face, while Shaveer grin at his succesful attempt to make him leave his hectic work and rest for the day.

Both the friends exit the office as the remaining employees greet them goodnight. They both walked in the parking lot and bid goodbye as Khalid drove towards the Mirza haveli

He was feeling sleepy and tired. He had a lot of work today. Even yesterday Khalid returned home late and went Straight to bed. He expected Noor to bring him dinner but she didn't.

He was anxious about her though, but didn't have the courage to meet her this late at night. And even today early morning he was in the office even though it was weekend.

The gates open as he park the car in porch, leaving it for the driver to get it back in the garage as he walk towards the house door. As he enter he saw the house dimly lit, as usual as he made his way back to his bedroom.

His sleeve rolled up till his elbow, his suit jacket in his hand, hair messy and eyes tired. Walking down the silent hallway he took a turn for her bedroom but halt his steps when he saw her.

Dressed in a loose kurti set and as usual dupatta on her head. She stood outside his room with a her hand as she push open the door and enter his room.

A smile made his way to his lips as he tried not to make his footsteps prominent and walked towards his room door, peeping inside like a small 5 year old kid.

He saw her placing the tray on the bed, as she stood straight and glance around the room. She saw his towel on a chair as she sigh and took hold of it, as she walk in his closet to keep it away.