17. Uns🌙

The light intoxication that is there,

it's something like love for sure,

I've forgotten sleeping and waking,

what has it made me from what....

🌙🌙🌙

Khalid sat in the conference room, with his trusted party members and office employees. The election was in a week, and they needed to hold a very big strategy against the rivals.

Khalid was more concerned about this issue because of the threats his recived, who only he and Shaveer knew about. It was kept confidencial.

"Sir, in a few minutes you need to face the media. As ordered by you, they'll be waiting in the conference area in the other side of the building" One of the employee informed as Khalid nod

"Just a precaution, try not to use any word or sentence which relates to your family. And that also means you late father Khalid" Shaveer whispered to him and Khalid nod again.

He was in deep thoughts.

"Mr. Khalid, how about you use your father's name in this press conference? Just try to take some sympathy because you're father was killed after winning the elections. Like.... they'll agree with your ideas thinking it was your father's dream."

Zubair Ansari, the old party member from his Father's trusted Circle said as Khalid clench his jaw

"Is bude ko kisne bola muh kholne" Shaveer mumble knowing very well how much this topic erked Khalid

"I'm not here to take sympathy for my dead Father Mr. Ansari. I would advice you to shut your mouth before talking about my father in any of my matters infront of me......Just a warning" Khalid look at the elderly man with hard glare as Zubair quickly look away.

Khalid was nothing like his father. While his father was calm and composed, Khalid was a hot head. Zubair acknowledge this long ago as he kept quiet.

Khalid had followed Omar Ansari, Zubair's son everywhere trying to remove some information about any suspicious activity by his father. But in the end it turns out it was nothing serious. Zubair was just jealous that he didn't get the party ticket even after being in the party for almost 20 years.

He was a Empty threat in Khalid's eyes.

Khalid still can't forget that night went he went to the prostitute house just because he had to follow Omar. That night when he found out about Noor. His ached his heart to even recall that night.

In the corner of his mind, a question has always been hidden but he was too coward to even bring it in the centre

What if that night, Noor was sent to some other room?

Goosebumps rise on his body as he clear his throat and stood up from his chair. He didn't wanted to think about that. It made his blood boil in rage. Everyone else stood up as well due to respect for Khalid.

"Shaveer"

"Yes Sir" Shaveer stood straight

"When's my meeting with Chief election commissioner?"