Beginning

(I'm slowly playing through 2033 cuz I barely remember it back in like 2019 when I first played it)

Snow or a blizzard if we're specific was roaring throughout the ruins of Moscow, a thunderstorm with no rain, a beast with nothing but death on its wings, you get the point, but here we were, me and Artyom two for one and one for two, miller was above us as I was below Artyom climbing up to reach the surface, I could almost taste the rainless thunder in my mouth, "So what did you two think when you left your home station? Did you feel fear? Amazement? Or did your goal simply fuel the both of you?" miller asked from above as he made it to the top Artyom was barley grasping the ledge when the ladder suddenly broke from its hinges, my grip on the bar loosened as I began falling backward "AH FUCK! NO NO NO!- I was cut off mid-yell as Artyoms free hand gripped my arm stopping my tumble back 30 feet below us, his face scrunched into one of fear from almost losing his partner, I clasped my hand to his shoulder and got pulled onto the edge

"another moment and you would have gone kaput" Miller joked as he continued onwards, looking back to the mute I simply nodded my head, and went forth following behind the colonel, making it into a small service room with lockers on the walls "You two check for any supplies" Miller called out from the other side, the floor between us was collapsed, looking down all I could see was a small four by five space of concrete with a ladder going back up to our part of the edge, pacing backward I took a running start and made it to the other side almost slipping down into the hole "Ah fuck almost fell in" I gasped gripping the pipes sticking from the wall, Miller shook his head like a disappointed father, Following behind him I could hear Artyom not too far behind as he was busy looting...

____________________________________

"I was correct! There's a goddamn blizzard! Or at least, thats what it is!" I shouted through my mask, my voice pinging the other spartan's radio "I don't know but I've never seen a blizzard with thunder not too far behind it!" Ulman shouted into his, as we approached "It's quiet.... too quiet... Hahaha, I've always wanted to say that" I laughed lightly while Miller rolled his eyes, we three stood there watching each other's backs awaiting the church group "You two keep up that humor, and I will make you both heads of the laundry for the next five months!" miller barked into his radio making me and Ulman laugh even harder than before "ARTYOM WATCH OUT!" I shouted as I noticed him standing there with deer in headlights look in his eyes, I had barely seen the lights from the spartan truck and he was just staring into them when I managed to yank him away in time, the truck swerving to the right avoiding Artyom and I, looking over I watched the spartans load out of the truck, Ulman stood a few feet away I could just tell he had a grin plastered under his helmet "My brother in arms it is so good to see you again! This wether is to DIE for am I right?" he thumped my shoulder with hs fist and cackled through his radio "I don't know if its to die for but the weather in our cozy little moscow will just chill you to your core, not to mention the watchmen" I gestured to the huge hord running through by the front of the truck, half the spartans were trying to not just shoot at us as we approached, miller was looking redder than usual "whats wrong my colonel? You also can't handle our jokes?" the comedian asked as we both stood nearby, Artyom was more focused on the matter at hand "I don't think so Ulman, I think Miller just doesn't understand the up dog" I snickered while Miller looked irritated "What in the hell is up dog?" he shouted through his radio as both ulman and I had reached our breaking points "NOTHING MUCH WHATS UP WITH YOU!?" we both hollard in unison,miller fumed with anger and by the gods did we get saved by the skin of our ass cheeks when the watchmen started attacking "GET YOUR WEAPONS OUT AND SHOOT!" Danila shouted as a few of the mutants had broken off from their pack and we're now aiming their sharp teeth in our direction "ARTYOM HIT THEM WITH THE PARTY STARTER!" I shouted to him, I could see him pull out the holy grail of Molotov cocktails, a canister of gasoline with a rag inserted into it, he tossed it above the rest of the spartans with the rag lit up like a birthday candle, catching it in time as I spun around tossing it into the pack, and running away, the rest of the other spartans ran behind me just in time to avoid the massive explosion "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?" Danila shouted at us "Aye that was a Nikolayev special, a party starter if you'd like to be specific" I calmly explained as the five of us stood there, mutant chunks littering the snowy grounds "Well thats one way to kill a hord" Ulman chuckled and Miller simply shook his head "Where in the hell did you even get that can? And how the hell did I not see it with Artyoms stuff!?" The colonel shouted to which I simply shrugged, Danila shouted through his radio "DEMOOOONS!" two to be specific flew in our direction, Ulman looked over at the both of us "Hey uh... You wouldn't happen to have another of those cans would you?" I didn't have time to answer when I felt myself get lifted off the ground "Y/NNNNNNNNNNNNNN!" Miller shouted as I watched the second demon tip the truck over tearing the turret off the roof "THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUUUUUS!" I hollered into my radio feeling the talons of this fucking thing dig into my suit tearing holds into it, shoving my hand into my pocket I felt for one of my grenades, I didn't get the chance to bring it out when the fucker let go of me, I felt my heart race while falling through the air "ARTYOM STOP DON'T SHOOT IT!" that was the last thing I heard through my radio when I crashed onto the floor, a sickening crack of bones hitting concrete.......

____________________________________

(END of the "Pilot" chapter)